Features, pricing, and support options for eCom (E-Series)
Learn about Lightspeed eCom (E-Series) features, pricing model, and where to go for help.
Lightspeed eCom (E-Series) Business plan is included in all Retail POS Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise plan subscriptions, so you don't have to pay anything extra. You can try setting up your website with an online store for free. And you’ll get all the necessary features to start selling online.
|eCom (E-Series) plan||Not included||Business||Business||Business|
Upgrade or buy E-Series separately.
|Bundled, no additional payment is required.||Bundled, no additional payment is required.||Bundled, no additional payment is required.|
Pro and Enterprise
For retailers on legacy Pro and Enterprise plans, your eCom (E-Series) subscription is billed alongside your Retail POS subscription in Retail POS. This allows you to pay for both subscriptions with one credit card.
To learn more about managing your eCom subscription in Retail POS — including cancellation, plan upgrades/downgrades, and reactivation — refer to our Managing third-party apps billed through Retail POS (X-Series) on the App subscriptions page guide.
Retail POS + eCom (E-Series) feature overview
Lightspeed eCom offers a variety of features to help you create and run your store efficiently. All features in the table below are linked, so you can learn more about them in the E-Series Help Center.
*Gift cards can only be redeemed online currently.
** ShopApp can be purchased separately.
What features are limited or not available yet in Retail POS + eCom (E-Series)?
While we are working on a more integrated solution, there are a few things you need to keep in mind once your Retail POS and eCom accounts are connected:
- Retail POS becomes the system of record for products, orders, and inventory information. This means you should manage your product catalog, pricing, and inventory information in Retail POS to ensure everything stays accurate and up-to-date. eCom syncs important information back to Retail POS, such as sales and inventory levels.
- At the moment, gift cards are not synced between Retail POS (X-Series) and eCom (E-Series). Although you still can sell them in your online store. Gift cards bought in eCom can be redeemed in eCom only.
- Orders paid with gift cards in eCom E-Series sync as unpaid to Retail POS (X-Series).
- Automatic discounts, discount coupons, and discounts based on customer groups or subtotals that were set up in eCom work only in your online store. Applies the same for any discounts that were set up in X-Series – they work only for offline.
- Setting up out of stock products visibility in settings: When you first set up your eCom account, this setting will apply to all products. Later, if you want to change the settings, all the new products will get this new general out-of-stock behavior rule. To change the visibility rules of previously created/added products, you have to go to the individual product settings and make it there or use our Bulk Product Editor to do it in bulk.
- Payment fees from Lightspeed eCommerce sales are not transferring over to X-Series.
Our team is standing by to help out with anything you need via email, live chat, and phone (in the form of the requested callbacks only).
Technical support from X-Series backoffice
For technical support with this integration, please:
- In your Retail POS store, navigate to Help in the right upper corner, then click Send us a message. However, help is only officially available in English for now.
- Browse the eCom section of the Retail POS (X-Series) Help Center for quick answers.
Technical support from E-Series admin
For eCom (E-Series)-specific functionality support, please:
- In your Retail POS backoffice, navigate to Setup → Apps → Lightspeed eCom App → click the arrow icon next to the app. You’ll be taken to a full-featured E-Series admin. From there, you click Get help in the top right corner.
- In Ecwid by Lighspeed Help Center, click the Contact us button on the top right corner. You must be logged in to your store to open a chat.
Billing-related queries are handled by Lightspeed. Use the Help function within your Retail POS store to contact our Retail Support team.
Other support options
If you want to learn more about ecommerce, then: