Installing apps for buying shipping labels in Lightspeed eCom
As a Lightspeed Retail POS merchant arranging shipments for your orders, acquiring a shipping label is essential. Analogous to a stamp, a shipping label serves as proof of delivery payment. It contains crucial details for the carrier to perform the delivery, including sender and recipient addresses, package weight and dimensions, and the requested service.
FOR other countries: Businesses from other countries (as well as US-based brands shipping not with USPS), can buy shipping labels directly from the carrier (on their website or in the post office) or use one of the third-party apps available in your eCom admin.
Installing the Shipping labels app to purchase shipping labels from eCom admin
To purchase shipping labels directly from your eCom admin, you first need to install the Shipping labels app. The app is free, however you have to add a payment method so that you can purchase shipping labels.
You also need to create a specific carrier shipping method in your store and have at least one order placed with this shipping method.
- For the US: create a USPS shipping method
- For Belgium: create a Bpost shipping method
- For Germany: create a DHL shipping method
- For the Netherlands: create a PostNL shipping method
To install the Shipping labels app for your eCom:
- From your Retail POS, go to Online → Overview → Go to eCom.
- In the menu on the left, open My sales → Orders.
- Find the order with the USPS delivery method (or Bpost, DHL, PostNL). You can see the shipping method in the order details:
- Click Update → Install App and Buy Shipping Label.
- On the app page, click Install, and then Install again.
- Once you are redirected to the purchasing shipping labels page, click Add Payment Method:
- Enter details of the card you want to use for purchasing shipping labels and click Save.
That’s it. Once you install the app and add a payment method, you are ready to purchase shipping labels.
Installing third-party apps to purchase shipping labels in Lightspeed eCom
Businesses located outside the US, Belgium, Germany, and the Netherlands (as well as US-based brands shipping not with USPS), can buy shipping labels directly from the carrier. You can do it on the carrier website or in the post office. Alternatively, you can install one of the third-party apps available in your eCom admin and purchase labels online. For example, ShipStation or ShippingEasy.
Please note that an app can have a price that you have to pay separately from your Lightspeed Retail subscription.
To install one of the third-party shipping apps:
- From your Retail POS, navigate to Online tab → Overview → Go to eCom.
- From your eCom admin, go to Apps → App Market and search for the app you need: e.g., ShipStation or ShippingEasy.
Click Install and follow the setup wizard.