If you own a domain and want to have your Starter Site there, you can just connect your domain to your Ecwid Starter Site. Ecwid will provide SSL for your domain for free, so your site will run via HTTPS.
Connecting your domain to Ecwid Starter Site for getting HTTPS
To connect your domain to Ecwid Starter Site, you will need to make changes both in your Ecwid Control Panel and in your domain registrar admin area.
In Ecwid Control Panel
- Go to your Ecwid Control Panel → Starter Site.
- Scroll down to Change Your Starter Site Address.
- Click Change URL:
- In the pop-up click in the field under Use your own domain name and enter your domain there:
- Copy the IP address you see in your Control Panel:
- Save the changes.
in your domain registrar admin area
- Log in to your domain registrar's control panel. If you do not know who your domain registrar is, check out the article on how to find it out.
- Create an A-record for your example.com domain and point it to the IP-address you copied from your Ecwid Control Panel.
- To make your Starter Site available at www.example.com as well, create a CNAME record for your domain example.com and specify www as a name/alias for it. You will need to add the following to DNS record:
www IN CNAME @
www IN CNAME example.com
- If you are not sure how to make these changes, please contact your domain registrar support.