All merchants, registered with Ecwid have a one-page website with a built-in online store. This is the Ecwid Starter Site and it is completely free for all users.
If you use the Starter Site with an Ecwid domain (like https://example.ecwid.com), you already have an SSL certificate by default.
If you want to use the Starter Site with your custom domain, like https://example.com, you can just connect your domain to your Ecwid Starter Site. Ecwid will provide HTTPS for your domain for free.
Connecting your domain to your Ecwid Starter Site to get HTTPS
To connect your domain to your Ecwid Starter Site, you will need to make changes both in your Ecwid Control Panel and in your domain registrar admin area:
- Log in to your domain registrar's control panel. If you do not know who your domain registrar is, check out the article on how to figure it out.
- Create an A-record for your example.com domain and point it to our IP-address: 126.96.36.199
- To make your Starter Site available at www.example.com as well, create a CNAME record for your domain example.com and specify www as a name/alias for it. You will need to add the following to DNS record:
www IN CNAME @
www IN CNAME example.com
- If you are not sure how to make these changes, please contact your domain registrar for support.
- Go to your Ecwid Control Panel → Starter Site.
- Scroll down to Change Your Starter Site Address.
- Click Change URL:
- In the pop-up click in the field under Use your own domain name and enter your domain there:
- Save the changes.
Changes will take effect in 2 hours automatically. Once the setup is completed, your Starter Site will become available at the specified addresses via a secure HTTPS connection encrypted by an SSL certificate.Back to top