Selling on Amazon with the Channable app
Amazon is one of the best known marketplace worldwide with millions of visitors around the globe. You can bring your Ecwid online catalog to Amazon and offer your brand directly on the marketplace, reaching more customers and driving sales.
To start selling on the marketplace, connect your Ecwid store to Amazon through the Channable app. With the app, you connect both Ecwid and Amazon accounts to Channable and then sync your Ecwid online catalog with Amazon.
After you connect your online store via the Channable app, your online catalog appears on Amazon, so that shoppers can order your goods directly on the marketplace.
To sell on Amazon with the Channable app, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Register an Amazon Professional seller account.
- Comply with the Amazon Selling Policies.
- Your country must be white-listed by Amazon to sell from.
- You have assigned EAN or GTIN codes to your products. That is mandatory for listing your products on Amazon with the Channable app.
- Do not sell handmade goods. For handmade items, Amazon has a separate marketplace called Amazon Handmade. Handmade items should be added to Amazon Handmade directly from the marketplace account since it can’t be integrated with third-party services.
At the first step, you connect your Ecwid online store and catalog to Channable
To connect your Ecwid store to Channable:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Apps → App Market.
- Find the Channable app and click Install.
- Click Open app.
- You will be redirected to your Channable account where you need to login with your Channable credentials or create a new account.
- Once you're logged in to your Channable account, you will be prompted to create a connection with Ecwid by Lightspeed. Tick the checkbox and click Add connection:
- Click New project to create a new project. In this project, you will create the Ecwid-Amazon connection.
- You will be forwarded to the Setup page where you can import your product catalog from Ecwid. Click the + Setup import button and select your Ecwid by Lightspeed connection:
- Enter the name for the import. For example, Ecwid catalog and click Save. If there are some issues that require your attention, you will see the instructions on how to fix them.
Channable imports each product variation as a single item.
- Click Save and Import.
That’s it. Products from your Ecwid catalog are now uploaded to your Channable account. You can find them by clicking the Items section in the menu on the left in your Channable account. Clicking on an item will show you detailed information about it.
The next step is to connect and set up your Amazon account.
After you’ve connected your Ecwid store to Channable, it’s time to connect your Amazon account. For this, you need to create your individual Amazon API key. Make sure you have set up and verified your Amazon account, otherwise you can’t generate the key.
To get your Amazon API key:
- Go to the following Amazon login page and login to your account.
- Click Settings → Account Info → Your merchant token:
- Authorize Channable as a new developer by going to Settings → User permissions → Third-party developer and apps → Authorize a new developer:
- You will be redirected to a new screen to fill in the Channable developer information. In the Developer name field, enter Channable. The Identification number of the developer varies depending on your location: for Amazon Europe — enter 6553-1316-0844. For Amazon North America — enter 7448-9533-3156.
- Click Next.
- Go to Settings → Account Info → Your merchant token to see your token. It is used as a unique seller identification (seller ID).
- Copy your seller ID and the MWS authentication token, you will need them when connecting your Amazon account to Channable.
Now when you have your token (or API key), it’s time to proceed to connecting your Amazon account to Channable.
Before you start connecting your Amazon account to Channable, make sure you remove any old product listings if you have any. That will prevent your connection from potential errors. Still, there’s an option to use the Channable Amazon API to update existing product listings in your Amazon Seller account. In the Channable help center, you can learn more about deleting and updating old product listings →
To connect and set up Amazon with Channable:
- In your Channable dashboard, click on your company name in the top right and choose Connections:
- Click + Add a new connection and select Amazon.
- Fill in the label for your connection, for example: Amazon.
- In the Seller ID field, enter your merchant token.
- In the Region dropdown, select Europe or North America.
- Click Create.
- You will be redirected to your Amazon Seller Central account. Login and confirm the authorizations.
- You will then be redirected to your Channable account. Go to your project that you created for your Ecwid-Amazon connection, click APIs → + Add a new connection, and select the Amazon connection you have previously created by ticking the checkbox:
- In the Name field, give your API a name. For example, Amazon and Ecwid.
- In the Unique ID per item field, select id.
- (optional) If you have created master rules in your Channable account, select one. If not, skip this step.
- Click Continue.
Once you’ve created your Amazon API, it’s time to create your product listings so that your products appear on Amazon.
After you set up your Amazon connection, you can start listing your products on Amazon.
There are four parameters you have to create and set up:
In your Channable account, go to your Amazon project and switch to the Categories tab at the top right to set up categories for your products. You can use the generate categories feature or create new categories from scratch.
In your Amazon project in the Channable dashboard, switch to the Rules tab and create rules to optimize your product data.
In the Channable help center you will find examples of common rules that you can create.
In your Amazon project in the Channable dashboard, switch to the Build tab and click Start building product listing. You will see the preset template for the product listings. Fill it out by clicking on the field and selecting what information you want to send to Amazon. For example, the project field Title should display the title of your product, etc. After completing the template, click Save at the bottom of the page.
In your Amazon project in the Channable dashboard, switch to the Attributes tab to fill in the attributes per category. Select the category you want to optimize first. A more detailed explanation of what to do on the Attributes tab you will find in the Channable Attributes article.
Please note that a few attributes are mandatory by Amazon. So you may see a mandatory field that does not make sense for that category. You can leave these attributes empty when you first set up the API. For example: If you sell products in the Shoes category, the attributes "item_volume_unit_of_measure" and "Categorization/GHS pictograms" do not apply. They can stay empty when sending your products for the first time. If Amazon does need some of these attributes to be filled in, the API will return an error. You can solve the error later.
Before you send your product listings to Amazon, you can check it in the Result tab in your Channable account.
To send your product listings to Amazon:
- From your Channable dashboard, navigate to APIs → your Amazon API → Settings and click Activate project:
- Click Run to send your products to Amazon.
After you have sent your product catalog to Amazon go to the Results tab and click Errors to check if there are any issues preventing some of your products from appearing on the marketplace.
Clicking on an error code enables you to have a description of this error and possibly what is causing it. In the Channable help center, you will find a guide on how to solve errors for Amazon.
When someone buys your product on Amazon, a new order will appear in the My sales → Orders section in your Ecwid admin. You will get notification about a new order with an email or a push notification in the Ecwid mobile app for iOS or Android.
By default, the orders are not synced between Ecwid and Amazon, but you can sync them by using Channable order connection. When orders are synced, you change the status of the order in your Ecwid admin and/or add a tracking number, this information is sent to Amazon. And vice versa. As a result, you can manage the order processing both from Ecwid or Amazon admin.