Ecwid is a great way for you to open an online store right in your website, blog, and social page. All the storefronts are synced and managed from one Control Panel.
Thus, if you run a website and wish to start selling online right there, or if you want to sell on your Facebook business page as well, Ecwid is the choice.
Ecwid is a shopping cart which can be seamlessly integrated with your existing website, business page on Facebook or your blog. If you want to sell on multiple platforms at the same time — Ecwid is the right solution for you.
- How Ecwid works
- Where all the store information is stored
- How the security is guaranteed
- Where Ecwid can be installed
- How to add Ecwid to a site
- How to manage the store
- How Ecwid stores look
- How to accept payments
- How to set up shipping rates
- How to charge sales taxes
- How to add more features to the store
It is as simple as that — you add a few lines of code to any page of your website or profile page, and your online store immediately appears on this page. Customers will enjoy the convenience of checking out securely right within your site.
This is possible due to Ecwid unique architecture. Ecwid is a hosted SaaS shopping cart, which means all the code and stores data (products, categories, images, e-goods, orders etc.) is hosted on our servers and delivered to you and your customers in background by means of AJAX. This makes Ecwid fast and easy to use: you can have your store on many sites simultaneously, never care of system upgrades or other technical stuff and deliver your store to your clients faster than other shopping carts.
We rely on secure Amazon Web Services (particularly, Amazon S3) to store Ecwid data and applications. Years of usage and hundreds of successful clients proved Amazon Web Services as the most reliable and secure solution among the competitors.
You entrust your store data to Ecwid, regardless of where your store is installed. Whether it is Joomla, Wordpress or any other CMS, custom-developed site or social network, since you signed up with us, we take care of backups as well as of your store security, software updates, server maintenance and many other routine tasks.
Our merchants' data security is our team's highest priority. We use highly secured and trusted Amazon servers to store Ecwid shops information.
More information: Ecwid security
Please refer to this topic: Add Ecwid to your site
Ecwid can be added to as many places as you wish. You can add it to your Facebook page, Wordpress, Wix or Joomla site. Please check here for the full list of instructions on how to add Ecwid to your particular system: Add Ecwid to Your Site
All the store setup is done from Ecwid control panel located at https://my.ecwid.com/cp/CP.html The information on your customers and orders can also be seen there. Once you sign up with us, you will receive access to this panel.
The main sections include:
- Dashboard: shows a summary of your store activity (latest orders, total of sales, store ID, etc)
- Installation wizard: will guide you through all the necessary setup steps to open an Ecwid store
- My Sales: page displays all orders made in your Ecwid store. More details on orders management here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/articles/207806235-Orders
- Catalog: here you will add and manage your products and categories
- Promotion: extra features to extend your selling experience, i.e. Discounts, Facebook app, Marketplaces
- Settings: follow here to configure your payment methods, shipping, taxes, store languages, currency, etc.
- Apps: here you can find additional applications that allow to extend your store features and help your business grow faster
- Profile: here you can view and change your profile details (username, email, password) and subscribe to a paid plan.
Wonder how your shop will look? Check out our demo storefront: http://www.ecwid.com/demo-frontend.html and Facebook shop https://www.facebook.com/ecwid/app_251458316228
Ecwid is located on one page of your site, at the same time it is a fully-featured online shop containing catalog, product listings, checkout pages, and allowing to place orders and pay by different payment method.
You can customize your store look to make it absolutely unique. More details and instructions:
How to change Ecwid design
Ecwid provides various different payment methods, starting from accepting credit cards to manual order processing. You will be able to connect your store to major payment processor such as PayPal, Authorize.Net, Stripe, 2checkout and many more. Please check out the article for the in-depth explanation of how payment processing work in Ecwid The list of payment methods you can have in your store can be found here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/articles/207100429-Payment-options
Ecwid offers you a flexible mechanism to calculate and charge delivery rates. This article will give you detailed instructions: Shipping
Yes, you can setup different tax rates for any region worldwide as well as within your country. For more information, please refer to the article about Taxes setup
This might be possible with a custom solution. You might develop a feature yourself or hire someone. Ecwid has powerful and flexible API which you can use to extend Ecwid functionality, create modules and extensions and integrate with different apps. Find more details here: API
Please feel free to register in our developer portal: https://developers.ecwid.com/