Ecwid is a great way for you to open an online store right in your website, blog, and social page. All the storefronts are synced and managed from one Control Panel.
Thus, if you run a website and wish to keep it and start selling online, if you want to sell on your Facebook business page as well, Ecwid is the choice.
This article will describe some basics about Ecwid. To learn how to start with Ecwid, please refer to this article: Getting Started.
How do I manage my store?
All store setup and information on your customers and orders are done from Ecwid control panel located at https://my.ecwid.com/cp/CP.html Once you sign up with us, you will receive the access to this panel.
The main sections include:
- Installation wizard: this page is occupied by an installation wizard that will guide you through all necessary setup steps to open an Ecwid store, and a summary in your store activity (latest orders, store ID, total of sales, etc)
- My Sales: this page will display all orders made by your customers in your Ecwid store. More details on orders management here:
- Catalog: here you will load and manage your products and categories.
- Promotion: several extra features to extend your selling experience, Discounts, Facebook app, Marketplaces.
- Settings: follow here to configure your payment methods, shipping, taxes, store languages, currency, etc.
- Apps: here you can find additional applications in our app market to grow your business faster.
- Profile: here you can view and change your profile details (username, email, password) and subscribe to an Ecwid subscription.
How will my store look like?
Wonder how your shop will look like? Check out our demo storefront: http://www.ecwid.com/demo-frontend.html and Facebook shop https://www.facebook.com/ecwid/app_251458316228
Ecwid occupies one page of your site only, at the same time it is a fully-featured online shop containing catalog, product listings, checkout pages, and allowing placing orders through different payment method.
You can customize your store look to make it absolutely unique. More details and instructions:
How to change Ecwid design
How can I accept payments?
Ecwid provides various different payment methods, starting from accepting credit cards to manual order processing.
You will be able to connect your store to major payment processor such as PayPal, Authorize.Net, Stripe, 2checkout and many more. Please check out the article for the in-depth explanation of how payment processing work in Ecwid and what methods you can have in your store.
How do I ship my items?
Ecwid offers you a flexible mechanism to calculate and charge delivery rates. This article will give you detailed instructions: Shipping
Can I charge sales taxes?
Yes, you can setup different tax rates for every regions worldwide as well as within your country. For more information, please refer to Taxes setup
Is my store secure?
Yes, absolutely. It is our team's daily highest priority to ensure all your data is stored and transferred safely and secure. We use highly secured and trusted Amazon servers to store Ecwid shops information.
More information: Ecwid security
Where can I install Ecwid?
Please refer to this topic: Add Ecwid to your site