Ecwid is a great way for you to open an online store right in your website, blog, and social page. All the storefronts are synced and managed from one Control Panel.
Thus, if you run a website and wish to start selling online right there, or if you want to sell on your Facebook business page as well, Ecwid is the choice.
This article will describe some basics about Ecwid. To learn how to start with Ecwid, please refer to this article: Getting Started
How do I manage my store?
All the store setup is done from Ecwid control panel located at https://my.ecwid.com/cp/CP.html The information on your customers and orders can also be seen there. Once you sign up with us, you will receive access to this panel.
The main sections include:
- Dashboard: shows a summary of your store activity (latest orders, total of sales, store ID, etc)
- Installation wizard: will guide you through all the necessary setup steps to open an Ecwid store
- My Sales: page displays all orders made in your Ecwid store. More details on orders management here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/articles/207806235-Orders
- Catalog: here you will add and manage your products and categories
- Promotion: extra features to extend your selling experience, i.e. Discounts, Facebook app, Marketplaces
- Settings: follow here to configure your payment methods, shipping, taxes, store languages, currency, etc.
- Apps: here you can find additional applications that allow to extend your store features and help your business grow faster
- Profile: here you can view and change your profile details (username, email, password) and subscribe to a paid plan.
How will my store look?
Wonder how your shop will look? Check out our demo storefront: http://www.ecwid.com/demo-frontend.html and Facebook shop https://www.facebook.com/ecwid/app_251458316228
Ecwid is located on one page of your site, at the same time it is a fully-featured online shop containing catalog, product listings, checkout pages, and allowing to place orders and pay by different payment method.
You can customize your store look to make it absolutely unique. More details and instructions:
How to change Ecwid design
How can I accept payments?
Ecwid provides various different payment methods, starting from accepting credit cards to manual order processing.
You will be able to connect your store to major payment processor such as PayPal, Authorize.Net, Stripe, 2checkout and many more. Please check out the article for the in-depth explanation of how payment processing work in Ecwid The list of payment methods you can have in your store can be found here: https://support.ecwid.com/hc/en-us/articles/207100429-Payment-options
How do I ship my items?
Ecwid offers you a flexible mechanism to calculate and charge delivery rates. This article will give you detailed instructions: Shipping
Can I charge sales taxes?
Yes, you can setup different tax rates for any region worldwide as well as within your country. For more information, please refer to the article about Taxes setup
Is my store secure?
Yes, absolutely. Our merchants' data security is our team's highest priority. We use highly secured and trusted Amazon servers to store Ecwid shops information.
More information: Ecwid security
Where can I install Ecwid?
Please refer to this topic: Add Ecwid to your site