Product options enable you to give a possibility for customers to choose some properties of a purchased item (e.g. size, color or gift packaging).
More video tutorials on our YouTube channel: Ecwid Team
- In your Ecwid control panel navigate to Catalog > Products > product page, open the "Options" tab.
- Click "New Option" to add an option and its parameters
- Then follow these steps
- Submit the title and choose an input type (for example "Radio Buttons").
- Click on "New Selection" to add the values of the option.
- Set the price modifier if needed.
4. If you have more than one selection, choose which one will be selected by default on the product page.
If you want more than one selection for each option, just click on "New Selection" again. To add more than one option, repeat steps 2 and 3.
5. Once you have all your options set, click Save.
Price modifiers are additional rates which you can add to the options selections. When the buyer chooses the selection that modifies the price, the final price will be shown on the product details page.
You can assign price modifiers to the options selections in Ecwid control panel on the product edit page in the Options tab. The price modifiers can add absolute or percent amount to the price or deduct from it. The price modifiers can be assigned to drop-down, checkbox and radio-buttons option types.
+ adds up to the basic price
- deducts from the basic price.
$ - adds/deducts amount
% - adds/deducts a percentage
Enter the amount or % depending on what's selected in Column 2
Here is how price modifiers look in the storefront:
If you use price modifiers but want the base product price to change smoothly when the selections are chosen, you can hide the price modifiers values from the storefront.
This can be done with the help of the following script:
<script>window.ec = window.ec || Object();
window.ec.config = window.ec.config || Object();
window.ec.config.product_options = window.ec.config.product_options || Object();
window.ec.config.product_options.hide_price_modifiers = true;
This script should be added to the source code of the page on your site before Ecwid integration code.
How to add the script to Wordpress.org site
How to add script to Wix site
How to add script to Facebook
Each option type refers to a certain type of selection.
- Drop-down list — drop-down menu with option values
- Radio-buttons — radio-buttons with option values
- Date Picker — the input box with the popup calendar to select date
- Text Field and Text Area — an input text field to type in any text by your customers
- Upload file — allows customers to attach files to their purchases. NOTE: this option is available for paid Ecwid accounts only Upgrade to get this feature
- Checkboxes - checkboxes with option values
To make sure customers make a selection before adding the product to cart, it's possible to make any options required (except checkboxes).
When "Require Customer Selection" is checked, a customer cannot add a product to cart without selecting an option.
It is possible to easily update your product options in bulk using a special app from our App market, Bulk Product Editor. The app allows to:
- Bulk update all your products, or filter which you want to change,
- Change their properties like price, weight, quantity and more,
- Add/remove options, and add/remove selections to these options,
- Bulk enable/disable products in your store.
You can install the app right in your control panel on the app page in Ecwid App Market.
You can control the stock of the products with options with the help of the "Product variations" feature. It gives you the ability to control the inventory for products that have options. It also allows to set different images for different variants of a product (frequently used for apparel and shoes).
Please see the details about how to use product variations in our article on the topic: How to control stock of products with options