Selling on Webydo with Ecwid
Webydo is a platform that allows to create professionally looking, responsive websites, without writing any code. An intuitive drag-and-drop editor combined with minimalist interface creates a well-structured and easy-to-navigate website building environment.
With Ecwid you can quickly integrate a sophisticated online store into your Webydo website with a simple drag-and-drop installation.
Adding a store to your website
To install the store:
- Sign in to your Webydo Dashboard.
- Click Edit Site to launch the Webydo Studio:
- Click Store in the header menu.
- Ecwid will create a new store for you and open the Control Panel, where you can manage your catalog, shipping and payment settings, right inside the Webydo Studio:
- Click View store in the header menu to return to the Store page in the Webydo Studio. Here you can manage the store layout and design:
- When you have completed your store page, click Publish in the top-right corner to bring your new store live.
Managing store layout and design
To access the store layout and design settings:
- Open the Store page in the Webydo Studio.
- Click Properties in the side panel:
You’ll see the properties that control the store layout, visibility of store widgets and color scheme. Below we will comment on each property in detail.
Expand the Layout section to set the store language, maximum width of the store block and visibility of store widgets like Menu, Bag, Search, Prices, Product Panel and Breadcrumbs.
Under the Homepage Layout section you can define the number of categories per row and set the category page that opens first when the store loads.
Product page layout
This property allows you to select the default product view – grid, list or table, and set the number of products in a grid row, grid column, list and table view.
In the Colors section you can adapt the store elements to match the general color scheme of your website. Expand this section to select the color of headings, text, prices, links and background color of the product panel.
Primary and secondary buttons
In these two sections you can change the design of the store primary buttons like Add to Bag or Go to Checkout and secondary buttons like Search.
Expand the Top Menu section to manage the look of the categories menu: change font size, select background and text color on hover, border color and width and more.
Under the Search Bar section you can control the look of the search bar and search button: change the border color of the search bar, border and colors of the search button, font size of text on the search button and more. You can also set the default view of products on the search results page: grid, list or table.
Adding store elements to site pages
You can make your online store easy to find and access by publishing the store elements like Search bar or Shopping Bag on other pages of your website. Your customers will be able to search your catalog or check the shopping bag contents, no matter what page they are currently viewing.
All elements are added alike. For instance, to add a search widget to the Home page:
- Open the Home page in the Webydo Studio.
- Expand the Store section in the Elements panel:
- Drag and drop Store Search to the page where you want it to appear:
- If you want to repeat this element on all site pages or pin its position, right click to open the context menu and enable the corresponding options:
- Click Publish in the top-right corner to apply the changes to the page.
Adding your store to any website
Selling on Facebook
Selling on Instagram