The 'Sales' section in Ecwid control panel provides merchants with a useful interface for tracking and processing orders in their Ecwid stores. However, you may need an advanced tool for sales reporting. It can be especially important if you sell many various products, process lots of orders or need to track sales for your affiliate partners or products' vendors separately. With Ecwid, you have the following ways to create reports you want.
- Use built-in sales reporting of Google Analytics (recommended way)
- Other ways
Being a unique solution Ecwid uses an approach completely different from "usual" shopping carts. Instead of trying to put all sorts of site features into one product, we created a product that would be absolutely the best at just one thing: it’s the best shopping cart software available. And since Ecwid can be added to any web site you can use it with any CMS system you like, with whatever newsletter management software or service most suitable for you, and so on. Ecwid grants you the flexibility to use your online shop as one great component among many.
The same thing is with reports. Instead of implementing a reports feature in Ecwid we have a better offer: you can use super-powerful and free e-commerce reports by Google Analytics. Not a single built-in report of any shopping cart in the world will ever have the same level of power and flexibility as Google Analytics which has been developed by Google for 7+ years.
How to use it:
- First of all you should integrate your Ecwid store with Google Analytics. Remember to enable the "Ecommerce tracking" feature. It will allow Google Analytics to generate profound reports about monthly sales, purchased products, referrers, etc.
- Your E-commerce reports are available in the Google Analytics backend on the Standard Reporting → Conversions → Ecommerce page support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1037249&topic=1037061&ctx=topic
- The last step is to install special powerful e-commerce report dashboards that provide easy access to all your stats. Example:
In order to do this, please make sure you're logged in to Google Analytics and open the below links to install the dashboards.
- Sales Cockpit Dashboard - https://www.google.com/analytics/web/permalink?uid=VKgws18dTWGIwcrH8ruHUw
- Perfect Dashboard - https://www.google.com/analytics/web/permalink?uid=S7ZERXSDQFeF5I1GnXpTNw
- Mobile e-commerce - https://www.google.com/analytics/web/permalink?uid=8USYBWAaQ5eDjl_XaKeLmQ
Using the Ecwid's built-in export tool, you can download your orders data into a CSV file and process that file using your spreadsheet editor (e.g. OpenOffice Calc or MS Excel). How to do it:
- On the 'Sales' page in your Ecwid Control Panel, click either 'Export all' or 'Export selected' button in order to generate a CSV file containing the information of the selected orders set.
- Open the CSV file in OpenOffice/Excel/Google Docs.
- Arrange the data in a desired manner and make up necessary reports using tools provided by the spreadsheet editor.
There is a special section in our App Market with analytics and reporting apps. Check it out to find more useful apps for your business here: https://www.ecwid.com/apps/analytics
Export orders data to a 3d-party orders/inventory tracking tool and generate the sales reports there
There are many online tools and desktop applications that specialize in extended orders/inventory tracking and generating sales reports. Such tools can be configured to either be fed with CSV files containing order data or be connected with online stores via APIs. For example, you can consider using QuickBooks.
If you need a custom sales reporting tool for your Ecwid store, you may want to consider creating a script that will use Ecwid API to obtain orders data and generate sales reports automatically in any format.
If you need help with the development of such a tool, you can contact our customization team: https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijvBack to top