The 'Sales' section in Ecwid control panel provides merchants with a useful interface for tracking and processing orders in their Ecwid stores. However, you may need an advanced tool for sales reporting. It can be especially important if you sell many various products, process lots of orders or need to track sales for your affiliate partners or products' vendors separately. With Ecwid, you have the following ways to create reports you want.
- Use built-in sales reporting of Google Analytics (recommended way)
- Other ways
- Export orders data to a CSV file and compose reports in a spreadsheet editor
- Use applications from Ecwid App Market
- Export orders data to a 3d-party orders/inventory tracking tool and generate the sales reports there
- Create custom reporting tool connected with Ecwid by means of Ecwid API
Being a unique solution Ecwid uses an approach completely different from "usual" shopping carts. Instead of trying to put all sorts of site features into one product, we created a product that would be absolutely the best at just one thing: it’s the best shopping cart software available. And since Ecwid can be added to any web site you can use it with any CMS system you like, with whatever newsletter management software or service most suitable for you, and so on. Ecwid grants you the flexibility to use your online shop as one great component among many.
The same thing is with reports. Instead of implementing a reports feature in Ecwid we have a better offer: you can use super-powerful and free e-commerce reports by Google Analytics. Not a single built-in report of any shopping cart in the world will ever have the same level of power and flexibility as Google Analytics which has been developed by Google for 7+ years.
How to use it:
- First of all you should integrate your Ecwid store with Google Analytics. Remember to enable the "Ecommerce tracking" feature. It will allow Google Analytics to generate profound reports about monthly sales, purchased products, referrers, etc.
- Your E-commerce reports are available in the Google Analytics backend on the Standard Reporting → Conversions → Ecommerce page support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1037249&topic=1037061&ctx=topic
- The last step is to install special powerful e-commerce report dashboards that provide easy access to all your stats. Example:
In order to do this, please make sure you're logged in to Google Analytics and open the below links to install the dashboards.
- Sales Cockpit Dashboard - https://www.google.com/analytics/web/permalink?uid=VKgws18dTWGIwcrH8ruHUw
- Perfect Dashboard - https://www.google.com/analytics/web/permalink?uid=S7ZERXSDQFeF5I1GnXpTNw
- Mobile e-commerce - https://www.google.com/analytics/web/permalink?uid=8USYBWAaQ5eDjl_XaKeLmQ
Using the Ecwid's built-in export tool, you can download your orders data into a CSV file and process that file using your spreadsheet editor (e.g. OpenOffice Calc or MS Excel). How to do it:
- On the 'Sales' page in your Ecwid Control Panel, click either 'Export all' or 'Export selected' button in order to generate a CSV file containing the information of the selected orders set.
- Open the CSV file in OpenOffice/Excel/Google Docs.
- Arrange the data in a desired manner and make up necessary reports using tools provided by the spreadsheet editor.
Export orders data to a 3d-party orders/inventory tracking tool and generate the sales reports there
There are many online tools and desktop applications that specialize in extended orders/inventory tracking and generating sales reports. Such tools can be configured to either be fed with CSV files containing order data or be connected with online stores via APIs. For example, you can consider using QuickBooks.
This app gives you an overview dashboard for your Ecwid Store where you can get a snapshot of your business: key stats on a specific customer or product, see top and bottom customers or products, manage invoices and shipping statuses.
Additionally, in this app you can get sales information about a specific product and see the various customers that purchased that specific item. You can also get information about a specific customer: see their order status, as well as most frequently purchased items, and more.
Swell Analytics dashboard contains the information you need to manage your business. It allows you to have access to charts and trends on: revenue, average order size, total orders, total customers.
SiteWit measures conversions and calculates actual ROI from both organic and paid search campaigns. It uses the data to automatically surface the best performing keywords for the ads so that you get the most out of your marketing budget.
The app has free and paid plans.
The app is paid with a free trial.
The app has free and paid plans and free trial.
With Order Desk you can view your order statistics at a glance. The Order Desk dashboard shows order counts and revenue from today, yesterday, last week, last month, and all time. Create a customized CSV format and you can export your own reports whenever you need them.
The app has free and paid plans
The app has free and paid plans.
The app has paid subscription plans.
Kliken Stats has an intuitive dashboard which tracks real time conversions, product and category sales, time to purchase and your online store revenue. Use these metrics to fine tune marketing efforts and identify areas of improvement for your business.
The app is totally free!
If you need a custom sales reporting tool for your Ecwid store, you may want to consider creating a script that will use Ecwid API to obtain orders data and generate sales reports automatically in any format.
If you need help with the development of such a tool, you can contact our customization team: https://ecwidcom.typeform.com/to/vIlijv