To be able to moderate Facebook comments, take the following steps:
1. Create a new app at the following URL: https://developers.facebook.com/apps (note: the Create new app button is located in the top right corner of this page) Choose Advanced setup.
2. Name your app (example: 'Your Store Product Comments'), leave the other fields empty and click Continue.
3. On the application settings page, click Add platform and then click the website icon.
4. Enter your Starter Site URL in Site URL and Mobile Site URL fields.
5. Write down your APP ID and save it.
6. Please note, there is no necessity to make this app available to the general public. This application works properly in the development mode.
7. Go to your Ecwid control panel → Settings → Social Tools → FB Comments.
8. Click Enable next to Show FB Comments and include the app id you entered in Step 5.
9. Click Save.
10. You can now moderate your comments here: http://developers.facebook.com/tools/comments
Screenshot (an example of app settings):
Back to top