- How to add my store to the website?
- I don’t see my Ecwid store after I added Ecwid integration code
- My store doesn’t display on HTTPS links to my website
- How do I add a minicart or a search to my website?
Joomla.com is a free website service, which allows you to create and host a website in several clicks. Joomla templates are mobile-friendly, so you can be sure that your website will look great on any device, just like your Ecwid store.
How to add your store:
1. Go to your Ecwid control panel → All Sales Channels → Custom website and click Copy Code to Clipboard to get the integration code for your store:
2. Create a new article in your website in Content → Article manager → Add a new article. Then paste your Ecwid integration code into the article content.
This article page will be your Ecwid store page.
Save the changes.
You can easily fix this by disabling the default editor in your Joomla system configuration settings:
go to Your Joomla.com control panel and change the default editor to None in System → Global Configuration
Save the changes.
Ecwid integration code is a very fast way to add a store functionality to your website. However, as your store may grow, you will need some additional functionality, like search, categories or even a minicart. So how can we add them to the website as well?
Please follow these steps:
- Go to Extensions → Module manager and add a new module;
- Specify its type to be Custom HTML;
- Paste the minicart integration code to its contents, make sure it goes through HTTPS;
- Specify the position of your module on the page, for example, Top right and save the changes. In the Menu assignment tab you can choose on what pages this module will appear
Save the changes and it’s done. Check out how your updated website looks.