- How to add my store to the website?
Joomla.com is a free website service, which allows you to create and host a Joomla CMS powered website in a matter of several clicks. Joomla templates are mobile-friendly, so you can be sure that your website will look great on any device, just like your Ecwid store.
It is pretty easy to set up an account there, so let’s go ahead and add an Ecwid store to your website.
If you use downloadable version of Joomla CMS, please go to this article for instructions on how to add Ecwid to your Joomla website. In case if you created your website in Joomla.com please proceed with the installation steps below.
How to add your store:
1. Grab Ecwid integration code from your Ecwid control panel or generate it below
2. Create a new article in your website in Content > Article manager > Add a new article. Then paste your Ecwid integration code into the article content.
This article will be your Ecwid store page.
Awesome! You are all set! Your store is now displayed on the website:
Luckily, we can easily fix this by disabling the default editor in your Joomla system configuration settings:
Go to Your Joomla.com control panel and change the default editor to "None" in System > Global Configuration
And save the changes.
So you followed all the steps described above, however your store is blank when you visit the website through HTTPS? This usually means that you did everything correctly, however your Ecwid store is loaded through HTTP protocol and your browser doesn’t allow to load it, because you view the website through HTTPS.
For more information why this happens and how to fix it, please visit this page:
Ecwid integration code is a very fast way to add a store functionality to your website. However, as your store may grow, you will need some additional functionality, like search, categories or even a minicart. So how can we add them to the website as well?
Please follow these steps:
- Go to Extensions > Module manager and add a new module
- Specify its type to be Custom HTML
- Paste the minicart integration code to its contents, make sure it goes through HTTPS
- Specify the position of your module on the page, for example Top right and save the changes. In the Menu assignment tab you can choose on what pages this module will appear
Save the changes and it’s done! Check out how your updated website looks!
Awesome, right? In case if you wish to use other widgets, please visit this page to get the code for your desired widget: https://ecwidhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207100399-Ecwid-widgets
- How do I show a specific category by default?
- How to add Ecwid to Joomla.org website?
- How do I change some texts in my store?
You can find Joomla.com Support Centre here: http://tutorials.joomla.com/