With Ecwid application for Clover POS, you can sell anywhere: in your physical store with Clover POS and online with Ecwid.
Ecwid and Clover POS integration allows you to track all your digital and physical sales in one place and easily update your inventory and order data across online and offline channels.
In this article:
To start selling online with Ecwid, you need to install Ecwid’s Sell Online application for Clover and create an Ecwid online store. You can do it either from your Clover Web Dashboard or from your Clover Station.
Creating Ecwid online store from Clover Web Dashboard
- Select the preferable subscription tier and click Accept:
- Click Open app. You will land on the login page where you can sign up with Ecwid and create a new online store:
- After registration, you will get to the Clover POS page in your Ecwid Control Panel where your Clover merchant account shows up as Connected:
Congratulations on creating an Ecwid online store! Ecwid will automatically import products from your Clover catalog, based on the product limit of your subscription tier.
Now you can set up synchronization of inventory and order data between Clover and Ecwid.
Creating Ecwid online store from Clover station
- From the Dashboard, open Clover App Market and find the Sell Online app by Ecwid.
- Launch the app and click Get Started:
- Follow the prompts to complete installation:
- The app will import your Clover products to Ecwid. When the import is complete, click Finish store setup.
- Complete your store setup, following the prompts in Ecwid Welcome Wizard.
Good job! You have just created your Ecwid online store! You can access your Control Panel with all store’s backend settings and view your Online Storefront right from Sell Online app on your Clover Station:
Ecwid will automatically import products from your Clover catalog, based on the product limit of your subscription tier.
Next, set up synchronization of inventory and order data between Clover and Ecwid.
You can connect your Ecwid online store with Clover POS and track your online and offline inventory and sales in one place. This way you will avoid overselling and save your time on managing two separate catalogs.
To connect your Ecwid online store with Clover POS:
- Go to Ecwid Control Panel → All Sales Channels → POS.
- Click Connect Clover:
- Click Connect Clover to Get Started and login to your Clover merchant account.
- After login you will be asked to connect your Clover POS to Ecwid Sell Online app:
- Since you are already on the Unlimited plan with Ecwid, select the Free subscription tier and click Accept:
- You can tell that the app is installed, if the Connect button changed to Open app:
- Return to the POS page in your Ecwid Control Panel and click Connect Clover to Get Started one more time.
- The page will show your Clover merchant account as Connected:
Your Ecwid online store is now connected to Clover POS! It is time for you to enable the automatic synchronization of inventory and orders between the two systems.
With Ecwid’s integration for Clover POS, you can automatically transfer all your Clover products to Ecwid. After import you can synchronize changes for existing products, automatically import new products from Clover and transfer your online orders to Clover POS.
When you connect your Clover POS and Ecwid online store, Ecwid automatically imports your products from Clover inventory to the store’s catalog.
The number of imported products depends on the limit of your subscription tier in Ecwid:
- 2500 products with Free, Standard and Essential plans,
- Unlimited products with Unlimited plan.
You can sync the following details for your products from Clover POS:
- Options with titles and price modifiers
- Stock level
Products in Clover POS do not have images and descriptions, that are essential for showcasing the goods in an online store. So Ecwid imports your items in Disabled state. It gives you time to set up your products properly before you publish them online: upload pictures and add descriptions.
You can automatically import new products that you add to Clover POS into your online catalog at Ecwid. For that you need to enable the option Synchronize New Products from Clover in your Ecwid Control Panel:
With this option enabled, you can sync the following details for new products from Clover POS:
- Options with titles and price modifiers
- Stock level
After the initial import, you need to enable the synchronization of existing Clover catalog with Ecwid. This option helps you batch-update your Ecwid catalog, when you sell or edit products in Clover POS.
To enable synchronization of existing Clover catalog:
- Go to your Ecwid Control Panel → All Sales Channels → Clover POS.
- Decide, how you want to link Ecwid product SKUs with Clover: by Clover product ID or by Clover product SKU:
- Switch the toggle to Enabled:
Check what product details sync between Ecwid and Clover, when this option is enabled:
|Clover POS → Ecwid||Ecwid → Clover POS|
For example, when you sell an item in Clover POS and its stock changes, the stock level of this product in Ecwid updates accordingly. The same for when you sell something online in Ecwid.
But for product names, prices and options (modifiers), the sync works one-way – from Clover POS to Ecwid. You need to edit these product attributes in Clover POS to make Ecwid update the same product automatically in your online catalog.
You can automatically export your online Ecwid orders to Clover POS by enabling the option Synchronize Orders in your Ecwid Control Panel:
With this option enabled, new Ecwid orders sync with your Clover station, so you can track offline and online sales at the Orders page in your Clover Dashboard.
You can tell that an order came from your Ecwid store by checking its type. Ecwid orders have Online order type:
If you have an online order with an Open status in Clover, it means that you haven’t got paid for it yet:
As soon as an order is paid in Ecwid, it gets a Paid status in your Clover Dashboard as well.
You may notice a couple of special items in the details of your online orders:
Online product stands for any product from your Ecwid store, that doesn’t have a matching SKU or ID in your Clover Inventory. Shipping and Handling stands for the shipping costs associated with an online order.
When you create a new Ecwid store through Clover POS, we automatically import up to 2500 products from your Clover inventory to Ecwid.
To scale your online store with automatic inventory and order updates using Clover POS, you can subscribe to one of the premium plans in Ecwid Control Panel → My Profile → Billing and Plans.
At the moment the following plans are available:
|Price||$0 /month||$29 /month||$49 /month||$99 /month|
|Automatic updates of inventory and order data between Ecwid and Clover||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Checkout||Demo mode||Live mode||Live mode||Live mode|
|Ecommerce features||Same as with Ecwid Free plan||Same as with Ecwid Venture plan||Same as with Ecwid Business plan||Same as with Ecwid Unlimited plan|