Shopping bags help your customers see how many items they’ve added to their order and proceed to checkout. When you embed your Ecwid store, separate products, or “Buy now” buttons to a website, the shopping bag icon will appear on that page automatically as soon as at least one product is added to the cart.
You also have an option to add a shopping bag to other pages on your website or put it in the website header. This icon will let website visitors know that you have an online store where they can shop. Also, you can modify the design of the shopping bag: choose the icon, the info to display (number of items, subtotal, etc.), set the position where it will display, etc.
You can add your Ecwid store to a WordPress website using our plugin. The plugin also allows you to set and change the layout, position, and icon for the shopping bag.
To add a shopping bag to a WordPress website:
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard → Appearance → Customize.
- Click Ecwid in the sidebar menu.
- Click Shopping Cart Widget.
- Select where you want to display the shopping cart, the layout, the icon and other settings on that page.
- Select the Show when empty option if you want to display the cart icon even when there are no products in the cart.
You can add your Ecwid store to a Wix website with the help of our app. The shopping bag automatically appears in the upper right corner of the store. You can replace it with another shopping bag icon that you can modify. You can also change the design and choose the icon’s position on the site.
To add an additional shopping bag to Wix:
- Log in to your Wix Website Editor and navigate to the Pages menu.
- Select the page where your Ecwid store is installed.
- Click on the store area and then on the Settings button.
- In the pop-up, click Add-ons.
- Click Add to Page next to the shopping cart choice that you want to add:
- Add a Shopping Cart Icon. With this option, you can manually drag and drop the bag icon to the place on your website where you want it to be displayed.
- Add a Floating Shopping Cart Icon. With this option, the cart will float in the corner as you scroll the page.
- Publish the website to save the changes.
If your Ecwid store is added to a custom website (not Wix or WordPress), you can add a shopping bag using a small piece of code. You will need to copy and paste this code to your website.
To add a shopping bag to a custom-built website:
- Go to Ecwid admin → Overview.
- In the "Sell on your website" section, click on the Custom website.
- Scroll to Store extensions → Additional Shopping Bag.
- Click Add Shopping Bag and the shopping bag code will be copied to your clipboard.
- Log in to your website’s admin area and open the page where you want to display the shopping bag.
- Paste the copied shopping bag code into the page source code. Depending on the platform you use, that may be HTML, source tab, or a separate button to add codes. If you are not sure how to add custom codes to your website, please contact your website developer for more detailed instructions.
- Save and publish the changes.
Once you save and publish, a shopping bag icon will appear on your website.