1and1 is a hosting service provider, which offers Ecwid as a recommended shopping cart within their site builder.
If you are using 1and1 MyWebsite Plus or Premium package, you can embed Ecwid store into your site easily, following these steps:
- First of all you will need to create an account in Ecwid (if you haven't already done so). You can sign up for Ecwid account here: http://my.ecwid.com
- Then you can embed your Ecwid store into your site or sites. In 1and1 it is done by dragging the Ecwid widget from the toolbar. Click Insert elements, then Products & Documents, then scroll down until you see Ecwid's logo. Then drag that Ecwid widget into the page.
- After you have dragged the Ecwid widget from the editor's toolbar into the page in 1and1 site editor, you should see the Ecwid settings dialog
- In that dialog you need to put your Ecwid store ID into the Store ID field. That will link this widget with your Ecwid account.
- Save the changes to the page and see it live on the site - the place where you put the Ecwid widget should display the store front.