Millions of users visit Facebook daily and this is a great opportunity to get more customers to your store!
Win more buyers in your store by opening a Facebook store with Ecwid. Opening your store on Facebook will take you 5-6 minutes at that. No programming skills are required, no code changes or hosting expenses.
- Adding your store to Facebook
- My customers cannot find my Facebook shop from mobiles. Why?
- My customers cannot find my Facebook shop from mobiles. What should I do?
- Changing the username for Facebook page
- Renaming the "Products" tab and changing the tab image
- Changing the Facebook store settings or connecting a different store to a Facebook page
- I'm getting the "You must have permission to add apps to at least one Facebook Page" error
- I get the "This application is already installed for all applicable pages" error
- Deleting Ecwid store from a Facebook page
This video quickly shows you how to add your Ecwid store to your Facebook page.
1. Log into your Facebook account and open our application: http://apps.facebook.com/ecwid-shop/
- If you do not have an Ecwid store on Facebook yet, click Install App.
- If you already have a Ecwid store added to Facebook and want to add one more, proceed to step 4 of this instruction.
2. Click OK to allow the Ecwid application to access the basic information on your profile and manage your pages. We need this permission to get a list of Facebook pages that you admin and determine if you are allowed to manage settings of the Ecwid store assigned to the page.
and the next one:
If you receive the "You must have permission to add apps to at least one Facebook Page" error instead of the page adding interface, please refer to the corresponding section of this article. If you don't have a Facebook business page yet, you can create it here.
If you see the "This application is already installed for all applicable pages" warning, refer to the article section about this issue.
3. Select the pages where Ecwid will be added. Choose a page from the dropdown and click Add Page Tab.
4. Ecwid application has been added to your page. The last step is to connect your Ecwid account to the app.
Paste your Store ID to the Ecwid Store ID field and click Save. You can also change the layout of your store by selecting the settings you need.
5. Your Ecwid store is ready. You can find it by clicking a direct Your Facebook Store link in the end of the Settings page in your Facebook account. The link to your Facebook store is added to the page's tabs link as Products.
Ecwid is designed to work on any platform. Ecwid supports responsive layout that allows Ecwid shops to adapt to different screens.
However, Facebook has certain restrictions hindering the work of applications on mobiles, and it impacts all Facebook apps, not only Ecwid.
When users open your Facebook page from mobiles, they do not see the 'Shop' link. This is a limitation of Facebook: links to 3rd party applications (i.e., those developed not by Facebook) are not shown on the Pages from mobiles. It affects all applications, not just Ecwid.
So when you access Facebook page from a mobile (and Facebook considers iPhones, iPads and Android tablets as mobile devices), you will not see a link to your Ecwid shop. Furthermore, if you try to open Ecwid store on Facebook in a mobile browser, it will display the "page not found" error.
At present it is technically not possible to display standard Facebook tab applications on mobiles. We have to live with this restriction until Facebook changes it. Therefore, unfortunately we don't have a mobile version of the Ecwid Facebook app. Yet, we can offer you ways to work this around, see below.
Despite these restrictions, from the very beginning we've been trying to locate and implement a solution that would help selling from mobiles, since mobile commerce is growing together with Facebook popularity.
In such cases, we commonly recommend our customers to post a link to their Ecwid Starter Site (yours is always available in your Ecwid Control Panel → Starter Site) somewhere on their Facebook store page, so that the customers viewing the site from mobiles could open your store and make orders. Starter Site has a fully responsive layout, so it will be displayed accurately on mobiles. You can check its appearance in our Demo store.
To get your store visible on mobile devices in Facebook, please follow the steps below:
1) Get your Starter Site link by going to your Ecwid Control Panel → Starter Site and copying the link below Starter Site URL.
2) Go to your Facebook page and click +Add a button:
3) Choose Shop Now from the drop down list:
4) Add a link to your Starter Site and click Add Button
Now the Shop Now button will lead to your responsive store page where your customers will be able to shop from any mobile device.
When a page has a unique username, the link to it looks more user-friendly. Besides, when customers see the name of the store in the web address, they trust it more than when they see a link that includes a combination of numbers.
To change the username of the page where your Ecwid store is added you need to be an admin of this page. Please mind that according to Facebook rules, you can change the name of your page only once, so please be careful when choosing it.
To change your page's username:
- Go to facebook.com/username.
- Below Create your Facebook web address, select a page from the dropdown menu.
- Type a username and click Check Availability.
- If the username is available, click Confirm.
Read more about changing Facebook page's username in Facebook instructions.
You can easily do this in your Facebook page settings:
- Open your page and click Settings at the top.
- Click Apps in the left column and click Edit Settings near Ecwid logo
- Enter a new name in the Custom tab name field. Click Change next to the Custom Tab Image field to upload your own tab image (use 111 x 74 pixels image to avoid image resizing).
- Click OK.
Please, perform the following steps:
- Open your Facebook stores list: apps.facebook.com/ecwid-shop/
- Click Settings next to the corresponding Facebook store.
- Change the settings as you need and click Save.
This error means that you don't have any Facebook pages, where Ecwid can be added. Facebook doesn't allow adding applications to personal profiles anymore. So if you want to have an application tab with your products, which are linked to your FB store, it is necessary to create a new official FB page (they are also called "fan pages").
You can create it here: www.facebook.com/pages/create.php Then open our app and try to add it to the page again.
This error means that you've already added the Ecwid app to all your Facebook pages. In this case you can create a new page here: www.facebook.com/pages/create.php or check the list of the pages, where Ecwid was added: apps.facebook.com/ecwid-shop/ Probably, the store was already added to required page.
If you want to delete an Ecwid store from a Facebook page, please follow the below steps.
- Open the link apps.facebook.com/ecwid-shop/ → Settings → Clear the field beside Ecwid Store ID → Scroll down and click Save
- Open your Facebook page → Settings → Edit page
- Scroll down to the Tabs menu → Click Settings beside the Store tab → Edit Settings → Click Remove
That's it. This way you disconnect and remove your Ecwid store from the Facebook page.Back to top