Adobe Muse is a website builder software that allows you to create and publish professional websites that look great on desktop and mobile browsers, using canvas and layout tools, without writing any code.
You can easily build an online store on your Muse website with the help of the Ecwid Ecommerce Store.
In this article:
- If you don’t have an account with Ecwid yet, create one at Ecwid.com.
- Download the Ecwid Ecommerce Store widget by MuseThemes.
- Unzip the package and open the "Ecwid Ecommerce Store.mulib" file. It will be imported to the Adobe Muse editor automatically. Your Ecwid ecommerce widgets will be available in your Adobe Muse editor under Design → Library.
- Drag the Product Browser widget and from the Library and drop into your project. This is the main widget that adds your product catalog on the page.
- Click the Options icon in the top right corner of the Product Browser widget on the canvas.
- Find the Your Store ID text box. Here you need to enter your Ecwid Store ID.
- Now you can publish your site to apply the changes or check your online store in the Preview mode.
There are a few settings for each Ecwid widget that you can use to change the look and feel of your Ecwid store.
There are several display options for the Shopping Cart widget. You can choose them in Options → Cart Settings:
- Large attached to the Categories
- Large pinned to the page corner
- Mini attached to the Product Browser
As you update the layout type, you will see a preview in the Design mode. Placement and margin settings are activated as different layouts are selected.
You can select either the horizontal or vertical tab type and choose the color on hover.
In the widget Options panel under Product Browser settings you can select:
- Store theme – Default, Light, Dark or Bold. As you update the store theme, the font settings below are enabled.
- Product layout – Grid, List, or Table. This options allows to change the look of the catalog pages. As you update the layout type, row, column count, and products per page options below are activated or inactivated based on the product layout selected.
- Categories per row allows to select the number of category thumbnails per page.
- Display search results – Grid, List or Table. This option allows to select the layout of the pages with product search results.
- Enable default category allows to display a particular category by default on page load. Here is how you can find the category ID.
- Enable Chameleon Skin allows to automatically match the colors of the store elements, such as text and links, with the colors of similar items on your page.
If you are going to sell a single item, or a just a few products, you can install the Ecwid Single Item widget instead of adding the whole product catalog to your Muse site.
- Drag the Ecwid Single Item widget from the Library and drop into your project in the Design mode.
- Place the widget where you would like your item to appear on your page.
- Enter the ID of your store and the Product ID in the widget Options panel.
- The settings in the Options panel allow you to show or hide the product properties, such as Picture, Title, Price, Option selectors, Quantity box and the Add to cart button.
Adobe announced that it is discontinuing Muse website builder for Mac and PC. Technical support for Creative Cloud customers will remain ongoing through May 20, 2019. After that date, Adobe will officially stop developing new features and support Muse software.
All your products, orders and store settings will be intact, regardless of the Adobe Muse discontinuation. The Ecwid Ecommerce Store widget by MuseThemes will continue to work as usual and your Ecwid store will remain operational on your Muse-built website.
But you might want to consider replacing your existing Muse website builder with an alternative software, for instance, RapidWeaver, or creating a new site using WoCode site builder designed by MuseThemes.
You can easily connect your existing Ecwid store to a Wocode site:
- Go to your Wocode site editor and choose a page where you'd like to add your store.
- Click on Widgets in the left-side menu.
- Search for Ecwid widget:
- a. If you'd like to add only one product to this page, click on Ecwid Single Product widget. In the pop-up specify your store ID and necessary product ID:
Enable the options which you'd like to display in product card.
- b. If you'd like to add the whole catalog to this page, click on Ecwid Store widget. In the pop-up specify your store ID:
In this popup window you can also:
- specify the default category ID in case you prefer to display products from a particular category on this page;
- set the limit for the maximum number of products to be displayed on a page;
- add the search field and breadcrumb navigation on the page.
- Save the changes in the Wocode editor and publish them.