- I have a question about Ecwid or want to report a problem, what should I do?
- What is the proper way of reporting a problem?
- Are there any general forum rules?
- How can I create a new thread?
- What things should I avoid while reporting a problem?
- Can I advertise my services on your forums?
- How can I change my nickname?
- How can I change my avatar?
I have a question about Ecwid or want to report a problem, what should I do?
First of all, please search for an answer in our Help Center
. Tons of useful information
and answers to various questions are already there, so you can quickly find an answer to your question.
If you don't find an answer there, please use one of our resources listed below:
- If you have a new feature idea or suggestion, please use our ideas base to report it or vote for an existing idea submitted by other users.
- If you have a question about Ecwid or are not sure if the problem is caused by a bug, please, create a new thread on our forums. Our staff monitors the forums daily and answers all questions.
- If you have a question about your payment, then first of all, please refer to our Billing FAQ. If you still have some questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
- If you cannot log in to Ecwid, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org directly. Please, don't use this e-mail for usual support questions. Our forum is the best place for them, because 1) they will be answered much faster there 2) our answers will be re-usable and contribute to the whole Ecwid community.
- Users on all paid subscriptions can contact us by email and our customers on Business and Unlimited plans are entitled to livechat and phone support. For information on our paid plans, refer to this article.
- For questions concerning partership with Ecwid, use email@example.com
What is the proper way of reporting a problem?
Please, describe the steps to reproduce the problem, the expected result and what happens instead. Also, please post a link to your store and some screenshots
illustrating the problem. The more detailed problem description you post, the faster we can help you.
Are there any general forum rules?
Our rules are pretty basic:
- Please be respectful, kind and constructive. Remember that there are people on the other end of your comments.
- Please, keep one topic per thread. It will help other users find both questions and answers. Do NOT post the same question in different forums (cross posting). All that will happen is that one will be kept and the rest will be deleted by a moderator.
- Do not spam. Spammers are banned immediately.
How can I create a new thread?
Just open our forums, click the corresponding forum name (for example "Storefront Management") and press the "New thread” button. Screen-shot:
What things should I avoid while reporting a problem?
- Please do NOT post the same question in different forums (cross posting).
- Please, do not send private forum messages to moderators asking for help. The proper way is to create a new thread and post the question there. In this case answers will benefit all Ecwid community and other Ecwid users will be able to find them later.
- Please, do not use our e-mail for asking questions which should go to our forums
Can I advertise my services on your forums?
If your services are Ecwid-related and useful for Ecwid users, than yes, it is allowed. However, forum accounts created for advertisement and spam posts only, will be banned and their spam posts will be deleted. So, just use the common sense and don't be spammy.
How can I change my nickname?
- If you want to change the nickname you get when signing up with Ecwid, you need to take the following steps:
- Log in to Ecwid Control Panel.
- Click on your name in the upper right corner.
- Go to the "Profile" page.
- Edit the "Community Nickname" option and save the changes.
How can I change my avatar?
- Sign up with gravatar.com
- Add a new e-mail which is the same as you use to log into the Ecwid back-end.
- Add an avatar to this e-mail.