This is an old article for old Joomla version 1.5. We do recommend our customers to use the fresh Joomla versions 2.5 or 3.0. If you looking for actual Joomla+Ecwid integration instructions, please refer to the following Joomla article.
Starting from the version 2.0 of Ecwid Joomla extension, Joomla 1.5 is not supported in our Joomla plugin. Users of Joomla 1.5 can still install and use the old legacy RokEcwid extension, but the new features and improvements will not be added to it. If you have website running on Joomla 1.5, we'd highly recommend upgrading to at least Joomla 2.5 or 3.0 to secure your site, to get the new Joomla features, to access tons of free extensions developed for Joomla 2 and Joomla 3 and to be able to use the new features of Ecwid extension. <
- Download this extension file: rokecwid_j15.zip
- Open the "Extensions → Install/Uninstall" page in your Joomla backend.
- Upload and install the extension using the "Upload Package File" section.
- Go to "Menus → Main menu" in your Joomla backend. If you have many menus, then select the necessary one instead of the main one.
- Click the "New" button.
- Select "Menu Item Type": "RokEcwid", then select "ECWID Default Layout".
- Name your page and save the changes. In order to
If you for some reasons cannot use the ready extensions, then you can install Ecwid manually
- get the integration code from this page: http://help.ecwid.com/customer/portal/articles/1171115-product-browser#Generateyourcode
- create a new page in your site, open it for editing
- switch the editor to the HTML mode, i.e. disable the WYSIWYG mode (must-do). Use the 'Toggle editor' button below the texarea.
If you use JCE, you should use "show/hide" link to disable the WYSIWYG editor.
If you don't see this link, please refer to the article from JCE site on how to enable it: http://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/faq/48-editor/226-no-showhide-link
- insert the integration code and save the changes. Your store is ready, you can view it by opening the saved page.
Joomla 1.5 is no longer supported by Joomla.
We do recommend our Joomla 1.5 customers to migrate to the recent 2.5 or 3.0 Joomla versions.
In order to upgrade your Joomla, please refer to the following upgrade instructions.