PayU is India’s payment gateway offering online payments with credit cards, debit cards and net banking. The company serves merchants from all over the globe.
If you are running your Ecwid store on Indian market or want to sell worldwide, PayU India is an excellent solution to receive payments from your customers.
How to set up.
PayU requires an account in their system, so first you should register on the site https://dashboard.payubiz.in/signup/register Once you get an account, please follow these steps to configure this payment for your Ecwid store.
1. Steps in your PayU account:
- Log in to the PayU India web interface using your user name and password.
- Click Settings tab on Dashboard menu bar.
- Select "Change Alias & View Salt".
- Copy the values in fields "Alias" and "Current Salt”. These values will be needed in the next step.
2. Login to Ecwid control panel and do the following:
- Go to Settings>Payment
- Choose any payment method, and under ‘Payment processor’ click ‘Change’ link
- Select Credit Card:PayU India, there will be this form:
- Insert the “Alias” value into field “Alias/Key”
- Insert the “Current Salt” value into field “Salt”
- Click ‘Save’
If you want to test the payment first, you should obtain test values for Alias/Key and Salt (not production) and enable setting “Send transaction to test server (no charges)” .