In Ecwid you can use order comments and admin order notes to request additional information from your customers on the checkout and add private admin notes to the orders to optimize the order processing.
In some cases you may need to get some extra information from your customers before checkout. It might be:
- a general comment or instruction to the order
- additional information about a recipient
- a gift note
- some specific details that your customer would like to add like preferred delivery time
- any message depending on the specifics of your store
Order Comments tool enables customers to enter their comments for an order on checkout. These comments will be available in order details in your Ecwid control panel → My Sales. You can enable order comments in your Ecwid Control Panel → Settings → General → Cart & Checkout. Scroll to the Order comments section, enable the comments and enter the text to show:
You can make the field required, if needed.
Admin Order Notes are internal notes visible to store manager that can be added during the order processing. They can be:
- some additional information on the order, like the preferred delivery date and time or any extra information on the order
- notes to other store managers
- tips that may help improve processes like customer's feedback or reason for refund or order cancellation
The admin notes are visible to the staff only, your customers cannot see them.
Later you can sort the orders by the notes to make order processing faster: