Ecwid Payments provides simple, user-friendly and secure way for individuals and businesses to accept payments online in the Ecwid store. At the moment Ecwid Payments is available for merchants from the US and Canada.
- Setup Ecwid Payments
- FAQ and Troubleshooting
- What do I need to do to start running real transactions?
- What are the fees to accept credit and debit card payments?
- Where do I find information on my transactions and transfers?
- How to test if everything is properly set up?
- How to issue a refund?
- How do I withdraw my funds?
- Required regulatory disclosure of fees in Canada
Follow these steps:
1. Make sure that the store country and currency is set to US or Canada and US dollar and CA dollar accordingly. The screenshots below show the country and currency set to US and US dollar, still the setup steps are the same for both US and Canada.
2. Add the real store name in your Ecwid Control panel on Settings → General → Store profile page. This information will show up on your customers' credit card statements when they process a sale, so it's important that this field has the real name of your store.
3. Enter your Ecwid control panel and go to System → Settings → Payment page. Locate "Credit card" under Payment Methods and click "Change" link under Payment Processor column. In the drop-down box find and choose Credit Card: Ecwid Payments. A setup window will open:
Click "Enable Now". You will get an activation link to your email address. Along with the activation link you will get “Ecwid Payments via WePay” email to confirm your account. The “Confirm” button in the email will direct to the control panel to complete the payment method settings.
4. On the next settings screen you will be prompted to verify your account information. Click Verify Now:
5. Fill in your account details and click Submit:
6. The next step is to connect your bank account. Click "Link your Account" and enter your bank account details and click "Submit":
That's it. Ecwid Payments is set up in your store.
It will take 24 hours to verify your account information, after that you are ready to process payments.
The processing fees are taken from the full order transaction amount and depend on the Ecwid plan you are on. Please find the rates below:
|Ecwid Plan||Transaction Fee|
|Free||2.9% + $0.30 USD|
|Venture, Silver||2.85% + $0.30 USD|
|Business||2.8% + $0.30 USD|
|Unlimited||2.75% + $0.30 USD|
The fees are automatically deducted from your order transaction amount. Unlike other ecommerce platforms, Ecwid does not charge any transaction fees in addition to payment gateway fees.
From the Ecwid Payments settings page in your Ecwid Control panel you will be able to get to your Ecwid Payments dashboard page where you can view your profile and manage transactions.
To make sure Ecwid Payments is set up and you are ready to accept payments online, you can place a test order in your store as a customer. Create a test product that will cost $1, go to your storefront and by this product as if you are a customer. Use Ecwid Payments option for pay for the product. Enter your credit card number and place the order.
Once the order is successfully placed you will be able to cancel and refund it right in your Ecwid Control panel.
You can issue a refund for an order right on your Ecwid Control panel. Go to My Sales -> Order -> order details page, click Refund Order:
You will get a popup with the transaction details asking for a reason for refund.
Provide the refund reason and click "Process Refund". You will see the following popup:
That's it. Your customer will receive the refund in 1-2 days.
Once the refund is issued you will get an email notification from Ecwid Payments. The order in your store will be automatically switched to "Refunded" status and the customer will get notified via email that of the order status change.
Withdrawing your available funds to your bank account will happen automatically. As soon as you’ve connected your bank account, Ecwid Payments will verify the information and start the withdrawal process the next business day if your withdrawal frequency is set to daily. Your withdrawal frequency can be changed to weekly or monthly, in which case the process will start on upcoming Monday or 1st of the month (if a business day).
It typically takes one to two business days to process your transaction and initiate the automatic withdrawal to your bank account. Once the withdrawal has been initiated, funds are generally deposited into your bank account within two business days. The speed at which this happens depends largely on when your bank posts the funds, as the money will have already left your Ecwid Payments account. Most banks will make your funds available on the same day that they receive the transfer. On occasion, banks may take an additional 2-3 days to do so. As such, please allow a total of 2-5 business days for your funds to appear in your bank account.
When a first transaction is made, we will make sure that everything is safe, secure and legitimate in the payment process. As you are a new user to the payment processor, this analysis can take a bit of time, which can delay the first ‘transaction to deposit’ time. However, subsequent transactions should process much more quickly as you build more transaction history.
If you’ve received an email or notification that a withdrawal was cancelled or created a chargeback, this could be for a couple of reasons:
+ The username on your Ecwid Payments account does not match the legal name listed on the bank account you entered
+ The bank account and/or routing number(s) entered does not match what the bank has on file (sometimes from a typo when entered) If the bank account had incorrect information, it may have been deleted and the funds would have been returned to your [Platform Payments] account. To be sure we are able to send the funds back out to you, please be sure to enter your updated bank information as soon as possible.
Check here for information on how to avoid chargebacks: How to avoid chargebacks
One of the key purposes of the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit card industry in Canada is ensuring that merchants are fully aware of the costs associated with accepting credit and debit card payments, thereby allowing merchants to reasonably forecast their monthly costs related to accepting such payments. Below are the fee disclosure for Canadian merchants on each Ecwid plan.