To connect your GoDaddy domain to Ecwid Starter Site, you need to set up the DNS records of your domain. After that you can add the domain under the Starter Site settings in your Ecwid Control Panel.
You can connect your own domain to Starter Site on Venture and higher tier plans. Upgrade to get this feature
In this article:
- Log in to My Products page in your GoDaddy account. If you aren't automatically directed there, make sure to select My Products tab:
- Click on Manage All.
- From the top menu, click on DNS tab, and select Manage Zones:
- Enter the domain name you will be configuring and click on Search.
- On the DNS Management page, at the bottom of the Records section, click on Add and select A from the drop down menu.
- Enter @ as your Host, and then type Ecwid's IP address 184.108.40.206 in the Points to text box. You can leave TTL at the default setting.
- Click Finish.
- To make your Starter Site available at www.mydomain.com as well, you need to create a CNAME record. On the DNS Management page, at the bottom of the Records section, click on Add and select CNAME from the drop down menu.
- Enter www as your Host (which creates the subdomain), and then type your domain name (without www) in the Points to text box. You can leave the TTL at the default setting.
- Click Finish.
Changes to your DNS records can take up to 24 hours to propagate throughout the Internet.
- Go to the Starter Site page in your Ecwid Control Panel and scroll down to Customize Starter Site address block. Click on Change URL.
- Type your domain name in Use your own domain name text box.
Changes to your Starter Site address take up to 2 hours to be appliedBack to top