To connect a domain name registered at Hover to Ecwid Starter Site, first you need to set up the DNS records of your domain. After configuring the DNS records, you can add the domain under the Starter Site settings in your Ecwid Control Panel.
In this article:
- If you received the domain name during the Free Domain promo, proceed to connecting your domain to your Starter Site, since the DNS settings of your domain are already pre-configured on Hover’s side.
- Log in to your Hover account, select the domain from the list or choose Edit DNS from the Edit menu.
- On the DNS page, you can manage DNS records for the selected domain name.
- Click on Add A Record.
- Select the Record Type A. Enter @ as your Hostname, and then type Ecwid’s IP address 126.96.36.199 in the IP Address text box. You can leave the TTL at the default setting.
- To make your Starter Site available at www.mydomain.com as well, you need to create a CNAME record. Click on Add A Record.
- Select the Record Type CNAME from the drop down menu. Enter www as your Hostname (which creates the subdomain), and then type your domain name (without www) in the Target Host text box. You can leave the TTL at the default setting.
- Go to the Starter Site page in your Ecwid Control Panel and scroll down to Customize Starter Site address block. Click on Change URL.
- Type your domain name in Use your own domain name text box.