CoinPayments: Accept Payments with Cryptocurrencies
To add CoinPayments payment method to your online store:
- Open the CoinPayments app page.
- Click Get app and log in to your Ecwid account.
- Click Install. The app will be installed into your Ecwid Control Panel right away.
- Click Open app to access the settings and configure this payment method in your store.
- Sign up for an account with CoinPayments, or skip this step if you already have one.
- Go to your Ecwid Control Panel → My Apps.
- Click Open app next to the CoinPayments app.
- Fill out the Merchant ID field. You can find your Merchant ID in Account → Account Settings → Basic Settings in your CoinPayments account.
- Fill out the IPN secret field. You can set your IPN secret value in Account → Account Settings → Merchant Settings in your ConiPayments account.
The IPN secret value you enter in your Ecwid Control Panel must exactly match the IPN secret value in your CoinPayments account.
- Fill out the Replace store currency with crypto coin (optional). This field allows you to convert the order total to the set cryptocurrency at 1:1 ratio. If the field is empty, the order total will be converted to crypto coins at the current exchange rate.
- Click Save settings.
Now the CoinPayments option will be available to your customers at checkout.
The app automatically updates the statuses for the orders paid through CoinPayments, when the coin payment is verified.