Coinpayments is a payment gateway that allows you to accept cryptocurrencies in your store. You can easily set up this payment gateway in your store to let your customers pay for orders in such currencies as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin etc. with low fees.
How to Set Up
If you want to accept cryptocurrencies in your store, you can integrate this payment gateway into your store with the help of the Coinpayments application. Follow these steps to set up the application in your store.
- If you don’t have Coinpayments account yet, please, sign up.
Once you registered an account install the Coinpayments application into your Ecwid store.
- After you’ve installed the app, go to your Ecwid Control Panel → Payment → Coinpayments Account Settings to set up your account.
- In the opened page you will see 3 fields:
- CoinPayments Merchant ID (required) — you can find your Merchant ID in Coinpayments Dashboard → Settings → Account Settings → Basic Settings.
- IPN secret (required) — you can set up this your IPN secret key in your Coinpayments Dashboard → Settings → Account Settings → Merchant Settings. Input any value you'd like. Note, that you need to input the same IPN secret value in both Coinpayments and Ecwid sides.
- Replace store currency with crypto coin (optional) — this field allows you to convert your store prices at 1:1 ratio to certain cryptocurrency if your customer chooses this payment method at checkout. For example, if you type BTC in this field and a product in your store costs $10, a customer will have to pay 10BTC for the product via Coinpayments payment method. This field is optional, so you don’t need to fill it if you don’t want to (in this case the prices will be converted according to the current exchange rate, $10 = 0.0014BTC on March 27, 2018).
Once you filled all the required fields, Save the settings and enable the payment option. That’s it, from now on you can accept payments in cryptocurrencies in your store.Back to top