Connecting TsoHost domain to Ecwid Instant Site
Once connected, your Ecwid Instant site will open at your domain name, via secure HTTPS connection. You don’t need to separately purchase an SSL certificate as Ecwid provides free SSL for Instant Site users. Visit your TsoHost.com account to manage all the domain settings and to pay for the domain name, or renew it.
To link your domain with your Ecwid Instant Site, you should first specify your custom domain name in your Ecwid admin.
To specify a domain name:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Website (or to Overview → Manage Instant Site).
- In the Domain name and site address block, click Change Address.
- In the pop-up window that you’ll see enter your custom domain in the Use your own domain name field (you should enter your root domain, i.e. without www part):
- Copy the IP address that you see below the "Use your own domain name" field (that may be 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, or 184.108.40.206). You will need this IP later to set up the domain in the TsoHost account:
5. Click Save.
To finish linking your Ecwid Instant Site with your domain, you should make changes in your domain settings and point the domain to your Ecwid site. For that, you need to add an A record and a CNAME record in your domain host account.
To point the domain to your Ecwid site:
- Log into your TsoHost account.
- In the upper left corner, click Domains → My domains:
- Click on the gear icon to manage your domain:
- In the menu on the left, click Custom DNS Records:
- Scroll down the page and click Add New Record:
- You’ll be scrolled to the top of the page where a new record will appear. To create an A record, fill in the following details:
- Name: Put here @.
- Type: Select A.
- Content: Paste here the IP address that you copied earlier from your Ecwid admin (220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, or 22.214.171.124).
- Click Update zone.
- At the bottom of the page, click Add new record.
- You’ll be scrolled to the top of the page where a new record will appear. To create a CNAME, fill in the following details:
- Name: Type here your custom domain with www, like www.greatstore.uk.
- Type: Select CNAME.
- Content: Put here your root domain name (without www, like greatstore.uk).
- Click Update zone. Here is an example of the records you should have:
Now please wait a bit till the changes take effect. It usually takes no longer than two hours for the DNS changes to propagate, but can take up to 24-48 hours in some cases. After that, your Instant Site will be available at your own domain when customers enter the corresponding URL in their browser.