You can connect your own domain name to make your Ecwid Instant site look professional. A domain name is what customers see in the browser address bar when they open your store.
To connect a domain name to your Ecwid Instant site, you will need to specify the domain name in your Ecwid admin and add an A-record and CNAME in the domain registrar account. After that, your store will open at your domain name through a secure HTTPS connection (i.e. the link will begin with https:// and show a secured padlock in the browser address bar).
You should pay for the domain name separately on TsoHost.
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Website.
- Find the “Instant Site address” section and click Change URL.
- In the appeared pop-up, put your custom domain name in the Use your own domain name field:
- Click Save.
- In the pop-up, at step 2, copy the IP address that you see (that may be 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, or 184.108.40.206). You will need this IP later to set up the domain in the TsoHost account:
To connect your TsoHost domain name to your Ecwid Instant site:
- Log into your TsoHost account.
- In the upper left corner, click Domains → My domains:
- Click on the gear icon to manage your domain:
- In the menu on the left, click Custom DNS Records:
- Scroll down the page and click Add New Record:
- You’ll be scrolled to the top of the page where a new record will appear. To create an A record, fill in the following details:
- Name: Put here @.
- Type: Select A.
- Content: Paste here the IP address that you copied earlier from your Ecwid admin (220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, or 22.214.171.124).
- Click Update zone.
- At the bottom of the page, click Add new record.
- You’ll be scrolled to the top of the page where a new record will appear. To create a CNAME, fill in the following details:
- Name: Type here your root domain with www, like www.myecwidstore.uk.
- Type: Select CNAME.
- Content: Put here your root domain name (without www, like myecwidstore.uk).
- Click Update zone. Here is an example of the records you should have:
Now your custom domain is set up and you need to give some time for changes to propagate. On average, it takes a couple of hours, but may be up to 24-48 hours in some cases.
After that, your Instant Site will be available at your own domain via secure HTTPS connection (https://myecwidstore.uk and https://www.myecwidstore.uk)).