Connecting Hexonet domain to Ecwid Instant Site
Once connected, your Ecwid Instant site will open at your domain name, via secure HTTPS connection. You don’t need to separately purchase an SSL certificate as Ecwid provides free SSL for Instant Site users. Visit your Hexonet account to manage all the domain settings and to pay for the domain name, or renew it.
To link your domain with your Ecwid Instant Site, you should first specify your custom domain name in your Ecwid admin.
To specify a domain name:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Website (or to Overview → Manage Instant Site).
- In the Domain name and site address block, click Change Address.
- In the pop-up window that you’ll see enter your custom domain in the Use your own domain name field (you should enter your root domain, i.e. without www part).
- Copy the IP address that will appear in the instructions below the “Use your own domain name” field — that may be either 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, or 18.104.22.168. You will need this IP later to set up the domain in your Hexonet account:
5. Click Save.
To finish linking your Ecwid Instant Site with your domain, you should make changes in your domain settings and point the domain to your Ecwid site. For that, you need to add an A record and a CNAME record in your domain host account.
To point the domain to your Ecwid site:
- Log in to your Hexonet control panel.
- Go to Domains → Domain names → and click on the domain name that you want to connect to your Ecwid store.
- Go to DNS/Forwarding:
- Click Create DNS Zone if you don’t have a zone yet.
- Select Basic or Premium DNS. You can begin with the Basic DNS, so click Create Basic DNS.
- Click Create.
- Click View DNS Zone.
- In the right upper corner click Add record → A record and fill in the details:
- Name: Type @.
- IP Address (IPv4): Paste the IP address that you copied from your Ecwid admin.
- Click Confirm.
- In the right upper corner click Add record → CNAME record and fill in the details:
- Name: Type here www.
- Hostname: Type your custom domain address, for instance, mygreatstore.co.
- Click Confirm.
As a result, you should have an A record pointing to your Ecwid IP-address and a CNAME, like this:
That’s it! You’ve set up a domain. Now give the changes some time to propagate. On average, it takes a couple of hours, but in some cases may be up to 48 hours. After that, your Ecwid store will open at your custom domain name with and without www (for example, mygreatstore.co and www.mygreatstore.co), via secure HTTPS connection.