Connecting eNom domain to Ecwid Instant Site
Once connected, your Ecwid Instant site will open at your domain name, via secure HTTPS connection. You don’t need to separately purchase an SSL certificate as Ecwid provides free SSL for Instant Site users. Visit your eNom account to manage all the domain settings and to pay for the domain name, or renew it.
To link your domain with your Ecwid Instant Site, you should first specify your custom domain name in your Ecwid admin.
To specify a domain name:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Website (or to Overview → Manage Instant Site).
- In the Domain name and site address block, click Change Address.
- In the pop-up window that you’ll see enter your custom domain in the Use your own domain name field (you should enter your root domain, i.e. without www part).
- Copy the Ecwid’s IP-address that is offered to you there (18.104.22.168, or 22.214.171.124, or 126.96.36.199) as you will need it later to set up the domain in your eNom account.
5. Click Save.
To finish linking your Ecwid Instant Site with your domain, you should make changes in your domain settings and point the domain to your Ecwid site. For that, you need to add an A record and a CNAME record in your domain host account.
To point the domain to your Ecwid site:
- Log in to your eNom account.
- Go to My Domains and select Host Records.
- Click New row to add an A-record and fill in the following details:
- Host name: Type @.
- Record type: Select A.
- Address: Paste the IP address that you've copied from your Ecwid admin.
- Click Save.
- Click New row to add CNAME and fill in the following details:
- Host name: Type www.
- Record type: Select CNAME.
- Address: Type your custom domain address, for instance, mygreatstore.com.
- Click Save.
Done! You’ve set up a domain. Now give these changes time to propagate. On average, it takes a couple of hours, but in some cases may be up to 48 hours. After that, your Ecwid store will open at your custom domain name with and without www (for example, mygreatstore.com and www.mygreatstore.com), via secure HTTPS connection.