Connecting eNom domain to Ecwid Instant Site
You can connect your custom domain to your Ecwid Instant Site. A custom domain makes your business look more professional and helps your site gain higher ranking on Google and other search engines.
If you have a domain from eNom, you can link it with your Instant Site by specifying the domain name in Ecwid admin and adding two records to domain settings in your eNom account. It may sound complicated, but do not worry, we will guide you through the process. Once everything is set up, your Ecwid Instant Site will open at your domain name, via secure HTTPS connection (i.e. the web-address will begin with https://).
The domain name is paid separately at eNom.
To specify your custom domain name in your Ecwid account:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Website.
- Find the “Instant Site address” section and click Change URL.
- In the appeared pop-up, put your custom domain name in the “Use your own domain name” field.
- Below the “Use your own domain name” field, copy the IP address that you will see (may be either 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, or 184.108.40.206) and save it somewhere — you will need this IP later to set up the domain in your Hexonet account. Example:
5. Click Save.
To connect your custom domain name to your Ecwid Instant site:
- Log in to your eNom account.
- Go to My Domains and select Host Records.
- Click New row to add an A-record and fill in the following details:
- Host name: Type @.
- Record type: Select A.
- Address: Paste the IP address that you've copied from your Ecwid admin.
- Click Save.
- Click New row to add CNAME and fill in the following details:
- Host name: Type www.
- Record type: Select CNAME.
- Address: Type your custom domain address, for instance, mygreatstore.com.
- Click Save.
Done! You’ve set up a domain. Now give these changes time to propagate. On average, it takes a couple of hours, but in some cases may be up to 48 hours. After that, your Ecwid store will open at your custom domain name with and without www (for example, mygreatstore.com and www.mygreatstore.com), via secure HTTPS connection.