Adding, updating and deleting product ribbons through CSV
If you have a large catalog that is difficult to update or you want to have products with the same ribbons in several Ecwid stores, you can use CSV export and import to add, update or delete your product ribbons in bulk.
You can also export/import ribbons if you want to “save” their settings: for example, the promotion in your store is over for now but you know that you might run it again in the future. In this case you can export the data, keep the downloaded file and import it back when you need it.
This article is about a legacy CSV format in Ecwid. If you’ve signed up after 24.05.2023, you have a new catalog import format in your store. To switch to the new format, contact support.
To add, edit or delete product ribbons in bulk:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Catalog → Products.
- If you want to edit ribbons for all products, click Export All below your product list:
If you need to manage ribbons for particular products, you can select them in the list and then click Export Selected.
- Select the following columns for export – Product name, SKU, Ribbon and Ribbon color (you can choose other columns as well if you need them):
- Click Download CSV file.
The file will be exported with the semicolon delimiter unless you pick another delimiter (comma or tab) in the export dialog.
- Open the file in a plain text editor or in a spreadsheet (with the same delimiter that you’ve used for export).
Here is, for example, how the data looks in TextEdit editor:
And this is how the same data should look in Google Sheets:
- Add or edit the texts of your ribbons for each product in the ribbon column (they cannot contain more than 30 symbols each). To delete your product ribbons, leave the ribbon field empty.
- Add or edit the colors (color codes) of your ribbons for each product in the ribbonColor column. To delete your product ribbons, leave the ribbonColor field empty.
- Save the file.
- Return to Catalog → Products and click Import Products.
- Upload your file, paying attention to the type of delimiter and the order of columns. They should be the same as in your file:
After the import is complete, texts and colors of your ribbons will be updated automatically.