Adyen is a payment platform for business. With Ayden, your customers can pay you with credit and debit card, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, and more.
Adyen supports most European countries, United Kingdom, the US, Canada, Brazil, Australia and Singapore. To learn more, read the Adyen’s country guide.
To start accepting payments with Adyen in your Ecwid store, you should first register a merchant account in Adyen.
To connect Adyen to your Ecwid store:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Payment.
- Scroll down and click Choose Payment Method → Adyen.
- Fill in the required fields. You can generate the Skin Code and HMAC key in your Adyen account → Account → Skins. The HMAC key should be for the Live platform.
- Follow the instructions in the Ecwid admin to complete the setup.
- Click Advanced settings and uncheck the Enable test mode (no charges) box to start accepting payments.
- Scroll down to Appearance options and enter the name for this payment method that customers will see at checkout. You can leave the Adyen name as is. Make sure the Enable this payment method at checkout setting is turned on to display Adyen at checkout.
- (optional) Click Set payment instructions at checkout to add a note about how customers can pay you with the Adyen, or any other specific details about this payment method.
- (optional) Click Limit availability by shipping method to connect the Adyen payment option with a specific shipping or delivery method.
Once everything is set up, you can accept payments with Adyen in your online store.
After you connect Adyen with your Ecwid store, customers will be able to pay you with a credit card through this payment system. Once a customer chooses the Adyen payment method at checkout and clicks the "Continue" button, they will be redirected to the Adyen’s secure payment page where they have to fill in the form for credit card payment. As soon as the customer completes the transaction, they will be redirected back to the store.
You can check what payment method has been used for an order by viewing an order’s details in your Ecwid admin, My Sales → Orders.or the Adyen payment method you will see Adyen in the payment details.
What are the transaction fees?
The transaction fee depends on your country and the payment method. You can check the pricing list on the Adyen site.
When will I receive my payouts?
Adyen has several payout models and payout frequency. You can find out how you get the money from the payments processed with Adyen on their website.