Alipay is a digital wallet popular with customers from China. Customers can pay you on the web or on a mobile device using their login credentials or Alipay app.
In your Ecwid store, you can set up Alipay through the Stripe payment gateway. Stripe is a reliable payment solution that allows you to receive a variety of payment methods from all over the world including credit and debit cards, mobile wallets, and dozens of other options.
To start accepting payments with Alipay in your Ecwid store, you should first register a merchant account in Stripe.
To connect Alipay to your Ecwid store:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Payment.
- Scroll down and click Choose Payment Method → Alipay Wallet Payments.
- From your Stripe Dashboard, go to Developers → API Keys. Copy Public and Secret keys and paste it to your Ecwid admin:
- Go back to your Stripe Dashboard and open Developers → Webhooks to set Webhook URL.
- Click Add endpoint and set URL as https://alipay-stripe-ec.ecwid-labs.com/alipay-stripe/callback.php
- Select the following events: payment_intent.succeeded and payment_intent.payment_failed.
- Scroll down to Appearance options and enter the name for this payment method that customers will see at checkout. You can leave the Alipay name as is. Make sure the Enable this payment method at checkout setting is turned on to display Alipay at checkout.
- (optional) Click Set payment instructions at checkout to add a note about the Alipay payment method for your customers.
- (optional) Click Limit availability by shipping method to connect the Alipay payment option with a specific shipping or delivery method.
Once everything is set up, you can accept payments with Alipay in your online store.
To pay you with Alipay, a customer will have to choose this payment method at checkout. As soon as the customer clicks the "Continue" button, they will be redirected to the Alipay page where a customer will be able to log into their Alipay wallet and complete the payment or make the payment using QR-code:
As soon as the customer completes the transaction, they will be redirected back to the store, and the purchase will be complete.
The customer pays in Yuan, then Alipay converts the payment to your store’s currency, so the transaction will be made in your store currency.
You can check what payment method has been used for an order by viewing an order’s details in your Ecwid admin, My Sales → Orders. For the Alipay payment method you will see Alipay in the payment details.
What are the transaction fees?
Since customers use their Alipay wallets to pay in your online store, Stripe considers this method as a wallet payment. For wallet payments, Stripe charges 2.9% + 30¢ per successful transaction. Additionally, Stripe charges +1% if currency conversion is required. To clarify the final transaction fee for your store, contact Stripe support.
When will I receive my payouts?
In Stripe, you receive payouts according to your payout schedule. Typically the first payout for a new account happens with a 7-day delay (after the first successful payment), though the waiting period may vary. Read more about payouts on Stripe's website.