To manage your online store effectively, you need to know what’s going on there. You need to see where your customers come from, how much money they spend, what products are selling best, how well your special offers perform and more. This is where the reports and statistics come into play and Ecwid provides several ways to get this data.
You can get the most important metrics for your store like the number of visitors and orders, revenue and conversion rates in your Ecwid Control Panel → Reports page.
To see the reports, click Install Now:
After you've installed the app, you will see a page with the basic metrics. You can also find it in your Ecwid Control Panel → Reports → Stats.
Select the period for the stats you want to get and check the detailed information for each metric:
You can also check the items and revenue per order, the number of visits until purchase and the time spent to purchase, the top selling products and categories, the sources of traffic and more.
If you want to know about each order that is placed in your online store, you can track the sales with the Ecwid mobile app and receive push notifications on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device when an order is placed or a payment has been accepted.
Besides the sales tracking, the Ecwid mobile app allows you to manage orders, add new products and modify existing inventory and even accept payments (coming soon for Android).
It’s basically all you need to manage your business when you are constantly on the move.
If you want to get more advanced statistics, better understand the visitor behaviour, analyze traffic sources and optimize your store for sales, you can connect your online store with Google Analytics.
With the help of Google Analytics you will be able to track:
- Sales Funnels — find out what steps your customers go through before they buy or don’t buy and understand whether the checkout process in your store is effective.
- Visitor Engagement — see how much time a visitor spends in your store and what pages they open.
- Historical Benchmarking — check how your acquisition channels performed this year versus last year.
To get started you need a Google Analytics account. Connect it to your Ecwid store:
- Click Set Up Google Analytics in your Ecwid Control Panel → Reports.
- Enter your Google Analytics Web Property ID (How to get your ID).
If you are going to run paid search ads with Google Adwords, enable the Google Remarketing to show ads to your store visitors% you can return those who left without a purchase or remind your existing customers about your store.
The stats will show up during the next 24 hours. You can check them in your Google Analytics dashboard.
If you prefer to use spreadsheet editors like Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets or OpenOffice Calc for sales reports, you can export your orders data from Ecwid in CSV format and arrange it in a way that works for you with spreadsheet tools.
To export your orders from Ecwid:
- Go to your Control Panel → My Sales → Orders.
- Use the Filter tool to sort out the orders you want to analyze:
- Select the filtered orders and click Mass Update → Export selected:
- Select the values delimiter (What is it?) and the columns that you want to have in the exported CSV file:
- Click Download CSV file.
- Open the file in your spreadsheet editor and compose your report.
The Lucky Orange app for Ecwid can track anonymous sessions of your actual customers so that you see how they browse, what they click on, and where they leave.
You can also examine your store on the heat maps, which collects customer actions (clicks) and shows you where they click the most.
Heat maps allow you to understand if your website design is convenient and attractive and to adjust some things based on the customer behavior.