ShopApp is your store mobile app that your customers can install on their smartphones and always have access to your store right from the phone screen. With Ecwid it is possible to have an automated retail app solution that allows every you to sell your products via native smartphone apps. And your customers can shop in your store more easily than ever before.
If you have a customer base with a lot of loyal and repeated customers ShopApp is a solution for you. Your customers can download your store app from iTunes or Google play and always have fast access to your store right on their phone home screen.
Having a native mobile app for your customers to use is good business for a variety of reasons.
- It is yet another sales channel.
- You will be closer to your customers, literally in their pockets.
- A native mobile app works perfectly on your customers’ mobile devices.
- We do all the complicated technical work for you.
Here are examples of the client's apps:
The apps have all the features necessary for a successful e-commerce operation.
- A full product catalog that synchronizes with your Ecwid store.
- Information about the business, including location, a photo of the store owner, and links to your website and social media accounts.
- Merchant contact information (phone or email).
- The ability to buy products via Apple Pay – a simple way to make payments from an iPhone. If Apple pay is turned off, the “Buy” button will redirect to the web-version of the store where customers can complete their orders.
There are many more features under development right now that will be available in updates to come.
ShopApp is available for free for all Annual Unlimited users.
To get the app, please:
- Upgrade to the Annual Unlimited plan.
- Fill out this form: ShopApp — specify your email and Ecwid Store ID.
- Then we will begin working on your app. This process usually takes 3-4 weeks. After that, we will submit the app to the App Store and Google Play. At this point, the app is live and ready for your customers to download. We will let you know once it's published.
According to the policy of Google Play and App store, every application must be published on behalf of an individual developer account. You will just need to register developer accounts in these services and share the credentials with us. We will do the rest and will upload the ShopApp for you.
To create an account, follow the instructions from here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/6112435?hl=en There is a $25 USD one-time registration fee.
To create an account, follow this link: Enroll in Apple Developer Program
It can be a Personal Apple Developer Program account (99$ per year) or Apple Developer Enterprise Program account (299$ per year). Any type of these accounts can be used to upload the ShopApp.
There are two ways you can get paid for the orders in the ShopApp:
Using Apple Pay – your customers will be able to pay for the orders right in the App.
Pay in the store – if you do not have Apple Pay, your customers will be redirected to the mobile version of your store and pay using one of the payment options available in your Ecwid store.
Please read below for details.
Apple Pay is a mobile payment and digital wallet service by Apple Inc. that lets users make payments using the iPhone 6, 6 Plus, iPhone SE, and later, Apple Watch-compatible devices (iPhone 5 and later models), iPad Air 2, iPad Pro and iPad Mini 3 and later.
Apple Pay works with Stripe payment system. This means that to receive payments via Apple Pay, you need to have Stripe account. All payments within the app that are made with Apple Pay will be processed by Stripe and will be shown among your orders.
1. Create a Stripe account and setup Stripe payment method in your Ecwid store control panel, under Settings → Payment. Please refer to this article for instructions on settings up Stripe in your Ecwid store: Stripe
You do not necessarily have to enable it and make it visible to your customers unless you use Stripe to get payments in your Ecwid online store.
2. Connect your Stripe account to your future mobile app. To do this you should invite our developer to your Stripe account. Here is the detailed instruction how to do this:
Please provide us with the following permissions:
* email: email@example.com
* permission level: Administrator
Once we get the access, our developers will be able to connect your Stripe account to the ShopApp for you.
Pay in the online store
If you do not have Apple Pay connected to your ShopApp, your customers will be able to pay for the orders in your store. Once the customers click "Buy" button they will be redirected to the mobile version of your Ecwid store. There they will be able to pay for the order using the payment options available in your store.
Here you can check all the payment options available in Ecwid: Payment Options