Case study 11: Importing product files from one store into another
You can use a combination of catalog import and export to upload product files like e-books, music, or video tutorials from one store to another. For that, you will need to make changes to the CSV you’ve exported from store A and add a special access token to each of the product files to be able to import them into store B.
To import product files from store A into store B:
- Log into store A and export your catalog or selected products with files.
- In store A’s admin, go to the secret https://my.ecwid.com/#develop-apps page.
If you haven’t created any apps in your store before, a new app will be created automatically. In case you have already created some apps, you can click Create to create one more app.
- On the app details page, click Show secret token and copy the secret access token:
- Open the CSV file you’ve exported from store A in your preferred spreadsheet editor.
- In the product_file_secret_url column, add ?token=secret_XXXXXX (where XXXXXX is the secret token you’ve copied) to the URL of each store A file that you want to import into store B.
This is how your link can look after you append the token:
- Save the file as .csv to your device.
- Log into store B’s admin and go to the Data Import & Export page to upload your CSV.
That’s it! After the import is complete, product files from store A will be successfully uploaded to store B.