You can use the Square reader to take credit card or cash payments anywhere with your smartphone or tablet. The Square Reader works with the Ecwid Ecommerce mobile app and Ecwid Sell on the Go app on iPhones and iPads. The Ecwid Sell on the Go app and Square reader are perfect for markets, fairs, pop-up shops, etc. Orders processed through Sell on the Go and Square will appear in your Ecwid control panel, and inventory in your online store will be automatically updated.
Available to merchants in the USA, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia, and Japan.
Square reader supported devices
Ecwid mobile apps support:
- Classic Reader. Classic reader uses a headset jack or a Lightning connector.
- Contactless Reader. Contactless reader allows for tap to pay and accepts Apple Pay.
Setting up the Square reader in the Ecwid mobile app
- Install the Square app on your smartphone.
- Connect Square by logging into your Square account. Create a new account, if you don’t already have one.
- Open the Sell on the Go app and start accepting payments!
- Simply add a product, enter the payment amount and then follow the prompts for the type of transaction you wish to use. Your inventory is always synced after transactions.