Secure domain with HTTPS if you use Instant Site
All merchants, registered with Ecwid have a one-page website with a built-in online store. This is the Ecwid Instant Site and it is completely free for all users.
If you use the Instant Site with an Ecwid domain (like https://example.company.site), you already have an SSL certificate by default.
If you want to use the Instant Site with your custom domain, like https://example.com, you can just connect your domain to your Ecwid Instant Site. Ecwid will provide HTTPS for your domain for free.
Connecting your domain to your Ecwid Instant Site to get HTTPS
To connect your domain to your Ecwid Instant Site, you will need to make changes both in your Ecwid Control Panel and in your domain registrar admin area:
- Log in to your domain registrar's control panel. If you do not know who your domain registrar is, check out the article on how to figure it out.
- Create an A-record for your example.com domain and point it to our IP-address: 220.127.116.11
- To make your Instant Site available at www.example.com as well, create a CNAME record for your domain example.com and specify www as a name/alias for it. You will need to add the following to DNS record:
www IN CNAME @
www IN CNAME example.com
- If you are not sure how to make these changes, please contact your domain registrar for support.
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Website.
- Scroll down to Domain name and site address.
- Click Change Address.
- In the pop-up click in the field under Use your own domain name and enter your domain there.
- Save the changes.
Changes will take effect in 2 hours automatically. Once the setup is completed, your Instant Site will become available at the specified addresses via a secure HTTPS connection encrypted by an SSL certificate.