Saving orders to Google Sheets
You can automatically save orders from your Ecwid store to Google Sheets using a service called Zapier. You can use this spreadsheet for your accounting purposes, create reports based on it or just share the file with your staff who need to see order details.
First of all, you need to create a Google Sheet where you want to save the orders from your Ecwid store.
To create a new Google Sheet:
- Log into your Google account and open Google Sheets. If you don’t have a Google account yet, you can create it for free.
- Create a new Google Sheet by clicking on the plus icon.
- Name the spreadsheet, e.g. “My orders”. Remember this name as you will need to choose it later in Zapier.
- (Optional) Name the worksheet. A worksheet is a page within your Google Sheet. You can see it at the bottom of the page. By default, it’s called “Sheet1”. You can keep this name or set yours. Later you will need to choose this worksheet in Zapier settings.
- Name columns in your worksheet. Decide what order info you are going to import to this worksheet and name the columns accordingly, e.g. “Order number”, “Payment status”, etc.:
Later you will see the names of these fields in Zapier settings.
Now when your Google Sheet is set up, proceed to set up Zapier.
Now you need to connect your Ecwid store and Google Sheets using Zapier. You will need to create a Zap that will pass new orders from your Ecwid store to your Google Sheet.
To create a Zap for your Ecwid orders:
- Log into your Zapier account and click + Create Zap.
- Choose Ecwid by Lightspeed.
- In the Event dropdown, select New Order. Click Continue.
- At the “Choose account” step, click Sign in and log into your Ecwid account, or choose one from the list. Click Continue.
- Select payment and fulfilment statuses — new orders that appear in your Ecwid admin with these statuses will automatically get to your Google Sheet. For example, if you want to save new paid orders to Google Sheets, select “Awaiting Payment” and “Processing” statuses:
- Click Continue. On the next step, click Test Trigger to check what orders Zapier will find with the selected statuses in your Ecwid store. Click Continue.
- At the Action step, choose Google Sheets:
- In the Event dropdown, choose Create Spreadsheet Row. Click Continue.
- In the Google Sheets account, choose your account or login to it. Click Continue.
- In the Drive dropdown, choose where your spreadsheet resides.
- In the Spreadsheet dropdown, choose the spreadsheet you set up previously.
- In the Worksheet dropdown, choose the sheet where to add information. Click Continue.
- You will see the names of the columns from your worksheet. Click on each dropdown and select where to import data from. Click Continue.
- Click Test Action to check how the zap works.
- Click Publish Zap. Then Publish and turn on.
That’s it! Your Zap connecting Ecwid and Google Sheets is ready. When a new order with the chosen statuses appears in your Ecwid control panel, it will also be automatically saved in your Google Sheet. Zapier will check your Ecwid account for new orders every 15 minutes.