The Facebook pixel is a piece of code from Facebook that you can add to your website or online store and use to retarget, optimize, and track the effectiveness of your Facebook advertising campaigns.
Using the Facebook pixel can be a bit challenging, but here at Ecwid, we made it more than simple. You can install the Facebook pixel to your Ecwid store without touching any code and get your ad campaigns up and running right away.
If you haven't done so already, go to Facebook and sign up for a Facebook account. You can also read the Facebook setup instructions and FAQ about the Facebook pixel.
Remove the old Facebook pixel code from your store
Adding a Facebook pixel account ID to your Ecwid store when you have a pixel code already embedded could result in duplicated or partial data.
You need to make sure that the Facebook pixel isn't already installed in your Ecwid Control Panel → Settings → General → Cart & Checkout, the Tracking code on "Thank you for your order" section.
To create the Facebook pixel:
- Go to your Facebook pixel tab in Ads Manager and click Create a Pixel.
- Enter a name for your pixel. You can have only one pixel per ad account, so choose a name that represents your business.
- Check the box to accept the terms.
- Click Create Pixel.
- On the next screen, click Copy and Paste the Code.
6. Copy the pixel code, paste it into a .doc or .txt file, select your Pixel ID, and copy it.
Now you can easily add your Facebook pixel to your Ecwid store. Go to your Ecwid Сontrol Panel → Settings → General → Tracking & Analytics and paste your Facebook pixel ID there. Save the changes.
The installed pixel will support the most of standard events automatically:
- ViewContent: a product or a category page is viewed
- Search: a product search query is made
- AddToCart: a product is added to the shopping cart (a click on the "Add to cart" button)
- InitiateCheckout: a person enters the checkout flow (a click on the "Checkout" button)
- AddPaymentInfo: a person is halfway through the checkout flow (payment information is saved)
- Purchase: an order is is completed (landing on the "Thank you for your order" page)
Upon importing the product catalog from Ecwid, you may want to associate your Facebook Pixel with this catalog.
Initially, the imported product catalog is attached to Ecwid as its Business Manager. While the current Facebook structure implies that to access the Catalog data feed and editing features, you need to be the Business Manager account owner or partner. So to connect the pixel you need to use the Ads Manager page.
- Go to your Facebook Ads Manager or Power Editor and select Catalogue Sales:
- Select the Facebook Product catalog you want to use and click Set up Ad Account:
- In the Ad Account setup, click Continue to see the settings page.
- Select your audience.
- Click Associate pixel.
- In the pop-up select the pixel and click Save:
- That's it! Your pixel is associated with your product catalog.
Now you need to verify that your Facebook pixel is working.
- Navigate to your store to get the pixel triggered.
- Go back to the Pixels tab in Facebook Ad Manager and check your pixel’s status. The green light means it’s active.
All your Facebook pixel activity will be displayed in your Ads Manager profile as a graph showing how many times the pixel was triggered. Below are the tabs with the stats for the pixel events.