Facebook pixel lets you track your store visitors, giving you a lot of data about your customer's behavior. You can use that data to more effectively plan your ad campaigns to get even more customers. Installation takes a couple of minutes, with no technical skills whatsoever.
The Facebook pixel is an analytics tool that helps you understand actions customers take on your website/store. The pixel will “know” when your store visitors:
- view products and categories
- search products
- add items to the shopping cart
- enter the checkout flow
- start the checkout
- complete the checkout, etc.
Later this data allows you to:
- Retarget your visitors with ads on Facebook, Instagram, and Audience Network. For example, you can find people who have visited a specific page or taken the desired action in your store and then offer these customers a 15% off coupon through a targeted Facebook ad to spur conversions. Also, the pixel can help you advertise to people similar to your existing customers.
- Measure conversions and sales so that you know exactly how your ads are performing.
- Set up Dynamic Ads to automatically promote multiple products or your entire product catalog on Facebook, across all devices.
The installation is easy for everyone regardless of technical skills. First, you need to generate your Pixel ID in the Ads Manager, the Facebook service where you can view, check and change your Facebook ad campaigns. Then you need to add the pixel to your Ecwid admin.
To create and install the Facebook pixel to your Ecwid store:
- Open your Facebook Ads Manager.
- Click on the Business Tools icon in the left panel and choose Events Manager.
- Click the Connect a new Data Source button.
- In the popup window, hit Web and click Get Started:
- In the Set up Web Events window, select Facebook Pixel and click Connect:
- Enter the name of the pixel and the URL of your Ecwid store in the appropriate fields and click Continue.
- You’ve created the Facebook pixel. The next step is to add it to your Ecwid store. In the Choose how you want to install your pixel code window click the Use a partner button:
- In the Choose a Partner list, choose Ecwid:
- Follow the Facebook wizard to finish adding the pixel to your online store through the Ecwid admin.
If Facebook has issues at the Verify connection step, try to turn off AdBlock if you use one. Also, note that verifying may take up to several minutes. You can always check if the pixel is working at your Events Manager page in Facebook. In the Test Events tab you can check that your events are received correctly. In the Diagnostics tab you can find and resolve issues with the pixel.
Done! Now you have created and added the Facebook pixel to your Ecwid store.
After you’ve added a Facebook pixel in Ecwid, the pixel start counting actions that happen on your online store as events. You can use event data to create personalized ads for your customers.
The following events will be sent from Ecwid to Facebook:
- ViewContent: for each time a customer visits your product or category pages.
- Search: for each time a customer uses the search box to find products.
- AddToCart: for each time a customer adds products to the shopping cart without finishing the purchase or clicks "Buy now" button on single product page.
- InitiateCheckout: for each time a customer visits the checkout page.
- AddPaymentInfo: for each time a customer enters payment information in the checkout.
- Purchase: for each time a customer completes a purchase and views the thank you page in the checkout.
Learn more about using Facebook pixel standard events to create campaigns and track conversions at the Facebook Help Center.
If you've used a Facebook pixel with your website in the past before embed Ecwid into it, you might need to remove its code before adding a new pixel. Adding a second Facebook pixel to your online store and the website could cause duplicate or incorrect data in your reports.
As a website owner, deleting a pixel from your site is as easy as removing the code from your site by deleting the code implemented in your header. If you used the injection method to place the code in your site through services like Wix, Squarespace, and other platforms, it’s also possible to delete the code using that tool. Facebook’s guide specifically uses Squarespace as a reference guide for deleting the pixel from your injected code, but it should also be similar for most online site platforms.
You can remove the existing pixel code from your Ecwid store:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Settings → General → Tracking & Analytics.
- Remove your Facebook pixel ID from the Pixel ID field.
- Save changes.
If you've used a Facebook pixel with Ecwid in the past, you might need to remove its code before adding a new pixel, otherwise it may result in duplicated or partial data. From your Ecwid admin, go to Settings → General → Cart & Checkout and remove the Facebook pixel codes, if you have any, from the section Custom tracking code on Order Confirmation page:
As an e-commerce store owner, you’ll mostly use Facebook Pixel for retargeting (to advertise to people who have visited a specific page or taken the desired action in your store) and conversion tracking (to measure conversions and sales so that you know exactly how your ads are performing and let Facebook optimize your ads for you).
As an Ecwid merchant with connected Facebook Shop, you have several options:
- Try ROI Hunter app to run your Facebook ad campaigns for you.
- Set up Facebook ads yourself using Product Catalog feature.
Selling on Facebook with Ecwid
Promoting your Facebook shop
Selling on Instagram with Ecwid
Facebook Pixel Strategies to Help You Run More Targeted Ads (Blog)
А Beginner’s Guide to Using Facebook Pixel for E-commerce (Guide)
Blow Up Your Sales With Ecwid’s New Social Selling Tools on Facebook (Blog)