Setting up manual (offline) payments in Ecwid
In addition to online payments, you can accept payments outside of your store (i.e., offline). You can instruct customers how to pay you (e.g., by cash, check, bank transfers, etc.) by writing instructions.
Collecting payment is not immediate in these methods. Orders purchased with a manual payment option are marked as Awaiting Payment (Ecwid admin panel → Payment). The order status will remain Awaiting Payment until you arrange payment, collect the funds, and mark the order as Paid.
To enable a manual payment in your Ecwid store:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Payment.
- Find the block Manual Payment Methods.
- Click + Add Manual Payment Method.
- Name the payment method in the text box, then enter instruction that includes any necessary information:
- Save the changes.
- Make sure the payment method is set to Enabled:
The Sell On The Go app (for iOS) is a mobile point of sale that allows you to process orders while selling on the go at different events like fairs, shows, conferences, etc.
The following methods of payments are supported:
- Accept cash payments
- Swipe credit cards using PayPal Here or Square card reader on your mobile device.
Orders taken with the help of the Sell On The Go app will automatically appear in your Ecwid admin panel and the inventory will be synced with your online store.
Learn more about Sell on the go: Create orders on mobile.