Creating orders on behalf of customers
Ecwid automatically captures all customer orders from your online store. However, any offline sales (phone orders, sales in a brick and mortar store) are not automatically added to your Ecwid admin. You can create these orders manually in your Ecwid admin to include offline sales and inventory along with the rest of your online merchandise. This method provides a comprehensive order history in your Ecwid admin.
To create an order manually:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to My Sales → Order Editor.
- Click Create Order.
- Click Edit next to the Customer email and fill in the customer information. For returning customers, simply enter their email and click Save. Ecwid will automatically fill in shipping and billing address for existing customers.
- Click Edit next to the Shipping method and select the preferred shipping option from the dropdown.
- Click Edit next to the Payment method and add the name of the payment option.
- Below the customers information section, you will see a default product. The pencil icon allows you to remove or edit this field:
- Click Add product to add more items to the order.
- Enter the product SKU and the number of items purchased. Ecwid will automatically fill in other information:
- Edit the shipping information, taxes and discounts, then click Save changes.
- Once all order information is entered, click Place Order.
- From your Ecwid iOS app, go to Orders.
- Tap the plus icon in the right upper corner.
- You’ll be taken to the Sell on the Go app. Download it if you don’t have it yet.
- In the Sell on the Go app, tap the plus icon in the left upper corner or tap the barcode icon in the right upper corner.
- Select products and tap Add.
- After you’ve selected all the products, tap Process Order.
- Tap Charge.
- At this step, you can add customer details, discounts, and a note.
- Tap Place as Unpaid if the customer will pay later for the order or tap Take Cash.
- Tap Place order.
- Tap Email Receipt or Done.
- From your Ecwid Android app, go to Orders.
- Tap the shopping bag icon to create a new order.
- Tap + Add products.
- Select Add product or Scan barcode.
- If you selected Add product, tap products that you want to add to the order.
- Tap the tick icon in the right upper corner to add a product.
- Tap Preview items.
- Tap Charge.
- Tap Take cash or Place as unpaid.
You can check out the created order in your Ecwid admin, in My Sales → Orders: