In addition to online payments you may also want to accept payments directly to your bank account or collect money from your customers in person.
To provide such payment options you can set up offline payment methods in your Ecwid store, like wire transfer or cash on delivery.
In this article:
Some customers prefer not to pay using a credit card. Manual (or offline) payments allow you to accept online orders with payment made outside your store’s online checkout. This includes cash on delivery (COD), phone orders, and checks or bank transfers.
Orders purchased with a manual payment option are marked as Awaiting Payment (Ecwid Control Panel → Payment). The order status will remain Awaiting Payment until you arrange payment, collect the funds, and mark the order as Paid.
Ecwid doesn’t charge any transaction fees for the orders that accept manual payments.
To enable a manual payment in your Ecwid store:
- Go to your Ecwid Control Panel → Payment.
- Find the block Manual Payments.
- Fill out the payment method name or select a suggested label in the text box.
- Click Add Manual Payment Method.
- Make sure the payment method is set to Enabled.
- To set the payment method description or add payment instructions for the customer, open the Action drop down menu, click Edit and include any necessary information.