- What is Square POS?
- What do I get if I connect Square and Ecwid?
- What do I need to start?
- Getting Started with Ecwid and Square
- How many Square accounts can I connect to an Ecwid store?
- What happens if I have more products in my Square account than my Ecwid plan allows?
- How do I log in to my new Ecwid account that was created when I installed Ecwid from the Square App Marketplace?
- When I synchronize products from Square, they show up in my Ecwid account as “disabled”. Why is this?
- I changed a price, title, description, or image in Square or in Ecwid and the change was not synchronized to Ecwid or Square. What’s up?
- I just created my Ecwid store using the Ecwid app in the Square App Marketplace, and now my customers cannot checkout.
- Do I have to use the Square payment gateway in order to use the sync features?
- When I add a product to Square, the product does not appear in my Ecwid catalog. Why is that?
- My inventory is not synchronizing between Square and Ecwid. Why is that?
- I just want to use the Square payment gateway only and not synchronize. Can I do this?
- Can I connect my existing Ecwid account to my Square account?
- How can I disconnect my Square account from my Ecwid store?
- I have deleted a product or category in Ecwid, but it keeps coming back. What should I do?
- Paid Plans and Upgrading
Square Point of Sale is a mobile app that allows merchants in the United States, Canada, Australia, the UK and Japan to accept physical debit and credit cards on their smartphones and tablets, essentially turning their device into a POS (Point of Sale system). Ecwid has created an app for Square POS that allows merchants to instantly create a synchronized online store from their Square POS inventory.
- All Square products (including product elements such as descriptions, names, images, variations and stock levels) are automatically transferred to your Ecwid online store, so there is no need to re-create them;
- Your inventory is synchronized, so if an item is sold in your online store, your Square inventory will be updated and vice versa;
- You can login to your Ecwid account by simply clicking a link in the Square dashboard;
- Square online payment gateway is preconfigured and ready to go immediately: you can run your online transactions through Square, so online and in person transactions are handled by the same payment processor.
- Square account. You can get one here: www.squareup.com
- All products in Square must have a SKU as the inventory is synchronized by SKU. If your products do not SKUs, you should add them.
- If you start on Square, install the Ecwid app from your Square control panel, select to create a new Ecwid store, your products and inventory will be synchronized.
If you have an existing Ecwid account running on the Unlimited plan, you can also synchronize your Square and Ecwid inventory. Please navigate to your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Square and click "Sync your Inventory":
- Log into your Square account at www.squareup.com.;
- Ensure that all of your Square products have SKUs and that you have turned on 'Inventory Tracking' for all Square products. This is critical.
- All Square merchants can install the Ecwid app on the "Apps" page in their Square Dashboard at https://squareup.com/dashboard/apps You need to find the Ecwid app and click the "Get Started" button, after that you will be redirected to a screen where you should grant necessary permissions for the app:
- When you click "Allow", you get to the page where you can create a new Ecwid account or connect an existing one:
- If you already have an Ecwid store, sign in to link it to your Square account. If you do not have an Ecwid store, you can create one at this step.
Note: If you already have an Ecwid store, syncing with Square is supported only for the accounts on the Unlimited plan.
- Now, your Ecwid store is linked to your Square account. Your products now can be synchronized by SKU.
- The Square payment gateway is preconfigured and enabled for you, so you can start accepting payments right away with Square gateway. When a new Ecwid account is created, the products from Square will be transferred to your Ecwid store with descriptions, names, images, variations and stock levels. If you have more products in your Square account than your Ecwid plan allows, we will import just some of the products not to exceed the limits. E.g. your plan with Ecwid allows to have 250 products, but you have 300 products on Square. In this case only 250 products will be imported.
Please note that when a Square account is connected to Ecwid, you can log in to the Ecwid Control Panel without entering login and password. You should just click the "Launch" button in the app details in the Square dashboard.
You can connect only one Ecwid account to one Square account. It is not possible to connect one Ecwid account to two Square accounts or vice versa.
If you have more products in your Square account than your Ecwid plan allows, we will import just some of the products not to exceed the limits. E.g. your plan with Ecwid allows to have 250 products, but you have 300 products on Square. In this case only 250 products will be imported. You can upgrade to a different plan with Ecwid which allows a higher number of products.
How do I log in to my new Ecwid account that was created when I installed Ecwid from the Square App Marketplace?
You can log in to the Ecwid Control Panel without entering credentials by just clicking the "Launch" button in the app details in the Square dashboard.
When I synchronize products from Square, they show up in my Ecwid account as “disabled”. Why is this?
We do this to ensure that there is an extra step taken to enable a product for sale online. We have found that merchants want this control over what is sold online and what is not. To enable a product please go to your Ecwid Control Panel > Catalog > Products, open the product page and click [Enable].
I changed a price, title, description, or image in Square or in Ecwid and the change was not synchronized to Ecwid or Square. What’s up?
Our application does not currently support syncing of product detail changes. The products from Square are added to your Ecwid store initially. Then only the inventory (quantity in stock) is synchronized.
I just created my Ecwid store using the Ecwid app in the Square App Marketplace, and now my customers cannot checkout.
Ensure that you have a payment gateway enabled in your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Payments. Ensure that you are on a paid plan. The free trial plan does not support check out - the checkout is in demo mode.
No. You can use any gateway from the list of available payment gateways in Ecwid.
When you add a new product to Square account, it doesn't automatically appear in your Ecwid catalog.
In order to transfer new products from Square to Ecwid, you should start the import in your Ecwid control panel on Settings > POS page. Click "Import products from Square" button and new products will be transferred from Square to Ecwid.
Verify that synchronization is turned on in your Ecwid control panel > Settings > Square
Verify that the products in question have matching SKUs across Ecwid and Square. If these products have no SKUs in Square, add them manually for each Square product and then add the same SKUs to the Ecwid products, ensuring they match in all cases.
Yes, just choose the Square payment gateway in your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Payments. Be sure to turn off the synchronization with Square POS in your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Square.
More information about using Square payment gateway can be found here: Square Payment Gateway
Yes. Please note that synchronization is currently possible for accounts on Unlimited plan only.
This video shows how to connect your existing Ecwid store to a Square account. More tutorials on our YouTube channel: Ecwid Team
If you have an existing Ecwid account running on the Unlimited plan, you can synchronize your Square and Ecwid inventory. Please navigate to your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Square and click "Sync your Inventory". The quantity in stock will be synchronized, please note that the SKUs must match in both systems.
The products from your Ecwid store will not be added to your Square account automatically, but you can upload the products from your Ecwid store to Square with the help of CSV-file. Please refer to our article for details about exporting products from Ecwid. And in the Square Help Center you can see the instruction on how to import products.
Please navigate to your Ecwid Control Panel > Settings > Square, click on your Merchant ID and click "Disconnect" in the dropdown menu.
First, ensure that all your Square products have SKUs and that you do not use SKUs that contain only zeros. Then try deleting the product and category again. This time it should stay deleted.
If you have created your Ecwid account via Square, you have access to the following plans through the Ecwid control panel.
Product limit: 250
Product limit: 250
Product limit: 3000
Product limit: Unlimited
If your account was created with Ecwid directly, you can upgrade to one of the plans that can be seen here:http://www.ecwid.com/pricing. Synchronization with Square is available for direct Ecwid accounts starting from Ecwid Unlimited plan.
Upgrade to a paid plan so you can enable checkout for your customers and add more products to your online store. Real transactions can be carried out only in stores running on paid plans.
You can upgrade to a paid plan by clicking “Upgrade” buttons in your Ecwid Control Panel.
Please note that if your Ecwid account was created via Square, you can use a credit card stored with Square to upgrade to a paid Ecwid plan. In this case your subscription is managed totally on Square side.
If you already have an Ecwid store and connect Square in Ecwid control panel or connect your existing Ecwid account in Square dashboard, then you continue using the billing system you used before: Ecwid billing, Wix billing ,etc.
Every Square merchant has access to the free demo plan. This plan provides access to all the features, however it doesn't allow you to enter real customer details during checkout. You can test the checkout, but no real purchases can be made.