Ecwid for Clover POS
With Ecwid application for Clover point of sale system, you can sell anywhere: in your physical store equipped with Clover POS and in your online store powered by Ecwid. Ecwid and Clover POS integration allows you to track all your digital and physical sales in one place and easily update your inventory and order data across online and offline channels.
Clover POS integration is available to merchants in the USA, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
To start selling online with Ecwid, you need to install Ecwid’s Sell Online application for Clover and create an Ecwid online store.
You can create your online store either from your Clover Web Dashboard or from your Clover Station. For better user experience we recommend installing the Sell Online app from your Clover Web Dashboard. After that, you can add your Ecwid store to your existing site or have it on a free Instant Site.
To create your online store from your Clover Web Dashboard:
- Log in to your Clover Dashboard.
- Open the Sell Online app in Clover App Market and click Connect:
- Select the preferable subscription tier and click Accept:
You can choose Free plan while you are setting up your store and change your subscription tier later: Plans and Pricing. With Free plan, you will be able to import up to 2500 products from your Clover catalog.
- You will land on the login page where you can sign up with Ecwid and create your online store:
- After registration, you will get to your Ecwid admin. Navigate to Other Channels → Clover there — your Clover merchant account will show up as Connected.
You can install Ecwid’s Sell Online app on Clover Station, Station (2018), Mini, Mobile and Flex devices.
- From the Clover Dashboard, open Clover App Market and find the Sell Online app by Ecwid.
- Launch the app and click Get Started:
- Follow the prompts to complete installation:
- The app will import your Clover products to Ecwid. When the import is complete, click Finish store setup.
- Complete your store setup, following the prompts in Ecwid Welcome Wizard.
Good job! You have just created your Ecwid online store! You can access your admin with all store’s backend settings and view your Online Storefront right from Sell Online app on your Clover Station:
Congratulations on creating an Ecwid online store! Ecwid will automatically import products from your Clover catalog, based on the product limit of your subscription tier. Products (and categories, if you use them) are imported from Clover to Ecwid in Disabled state. You need to enable the products that you want to sell online to display them in your online storefront.
Next, set up synchronization of inventory and order data between Clover and Ecwid.
You can connect your Ecwid online store with Clover POS and track your online and offline inventory and sales in one place. This way you will avoid overselling and save your time on managing two separate catalogs.
To connect your Ecwid online store with Clover POS:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Other Channels → POS.
- Scroll down to Other supported POS systems and click Learn more in the Clover section:
- Click Connect Clover to Get Started and log in to your Clover merchant account:
- After login you will be asked to connect your Clover POS to the Ecwid Connector app:
- Click Agree in the pop-up that you’ll see:
- You will be redirected to the POS page in your Ecwid admin which will show your Clover merchant account as Connected:
That’s it! Now that your Ecwid online store is connected to Clover POS, you can import products from your Clover account to Ecwid store and enable the automatic synchronization of inventory and orders between the two systems.
With Ecwid’s integration for Clover POS, you can automatically transfer all your Clover products to Ecwid. After import, you can synchronize changes for existing products, automatically import new products from Clover, transfer your online orders to Clover POS and force import of products if necessary.
Here are the basics of the Clover-Ecwid integration:
- Ecwid uses Clover as a master source of information in terms of product catalog. So, all the changes (including adding price modifiers, variants, etc.) should be made on the Clover side.
- For correct sync of products, inventory stock, and orders between Clover and Ecwid, a special Clover Product ID (called "Item ID" in Clover) attribute is used. Unique 13-character IDs are assigned to each element of the product catalog, including products, product variants, modifiers and modifier groups (analogs of product options in Ecwid) when an element is created in Clover.
- That’s what syncs from Clover to Ecwid: changes in the product catalog, new products, and inventory stock.
- That’s what syncs from Ecwid to Clover: inventory stock and orders only.
- If you delete any element of your product catalog in Clover, the change will not sync to Ecwid. So, to delete an item completely, you first need to delete it in Clover and then delete the same item in Ecwid.
Please, pay additional attention to your product options before the sync. The product options in Ecwid are overwritten after the sync with Clover. As at the moment Clover POS supports only radio buttons and checkboxes for options, and Ecwid has more option types, your options in Ecwid may be synced incorrectly. Also, if you haven't created the options for your product in Clover, but you have them in Ecwid, the sync might delete your options in Ecwid.
When you create an Ecwid store via Clover account and connect both, Ecwid automatically imports your products (and categories) from Clover inventory to the store’s catalog.
The number of imported products depends on the limit of your subscription tier in Ecwid:
- 2500 products with Free, Standard and Essential plans,
- Unlimited products with Unlimited plan.
At any time you can force the import of changes in your Clover catalog to your Ecwid online store, if needed:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Other Channels → Clover.
- Click the Import products button:
After such a manual import any missing products will be copied from Clover to Ecwid and existing products will be updated in your store.
You can sync the following details for your products and product variations from Clover POS:
- Stock level
- UPC (product code in Clover)
- Options with titles and price modifiers (for products)
Products in Clover POS do not have images and descriptions, that are essential for showcasing the goods in an online store. So Ecwid imports your items in Disabled state. It gives you time to set up your products properly (upload pictures and add descriptions) before you make them available for online purchases.
You can enable automatic import of new products that you add to Clover POS into your online catalog at Ecwid. For that, you need to enable the option Sync new products from Clover to Ecwid automatically your Ecwid admin, go to Other Channels → Clover.
With this option enabled, you can sync the following details for new products and product variations from Clover POS:
- Stock level
- UPC (product code in Clover)
- Options with titles and price modifiers (for products)
After the initial import, you can set your store to sync product changes from Clover to Ecwid automatically. For that, you need to enable the option Sync product changes from Clover to Ecwid automatically in your Ecwid admin, go to Other Channels → Clover.
This option helps you batch-update your Ecwid catalog, when you sell or edit products in Clover POS.
Check what details of products and product variations sync between Ecwid and Clover, when this option is enabled:
|Clover POS → Ecwid
|Ecwid → Clover POS
|UPC (Product code)
For example, when you sell an item in Clover POS and its stock changes, the stock level of this product in Ecwid updates accordingly. The same for when you sell something online in Ecwid.
But for other product details, the sync works one-way – from Clover POS to Ecwid. You need to edit these product details in Clover POS to make Ecwid update the same product automatically in your online catalog (and thus avoid double work).
You can automatically export your online Ecwid orders to Clover POS by enabling the option Synchronize Orders in your Ecwid admin, go to Other Channels → Clover.
With this option enabled, new Ecwid orders sync with your Clover station, so you can track offline and online sales at the Orders page in your Clover Dashboard.
You can tell that an order came from your Ecwid store by checking its type. Ecwid orders have Online order type:
If you have an online order with an Open status in Clover, it means that you haven’t got paid for it yet:
As soon as an order is paid in Ecwid, it gets a Paid status in your Clover Dashboard as well.
You may notice a couple of special items in the details of your online orders:
Online product stands for any product from your Ecwid store, that doesn’t have a matching product in your Clover account (for example, you’ve created this product in your Ecwid admin). Shipping and Handling stands for the shipping costs associated with an online order.
Once synced, products get a hidden Clover Product ID attribute in Ecwid admin. Example:
Do not delete the Clover Product ID attribute and do not change the product type from General to a custom type in order to keep products in sync with the respective products in Clover.
When you replace your Clover device with a new one (e.g., you get an updated version), you must connect it to Ecwid anew to continue using the ecommerce integration. The reason is each Clover device has its individual ID that cannot be transferred, so you need to have Ecwid synced again with the actual POS you’re using for your sales.
Before you can proceed to connecting your new Clover account/Clover ID to Ecwid, you need to go through the following preparation steps:
- Transfer your product catalog from your old Clover account to the new one:
- (optional) Export your current Ecwid catalog to your computer. Descriptions and images are not synced from Clover to Ecwid, so you can use this CSV file after the sync to add images and descriptions in bulk to your renewed Ecwid catalog.
- And finally, delete all the products and categories from your Ecwid store so that they are no longer in sync with your old Clover account. After connecting to the new device, products and categories will be recreated.
When you create a new Ecwid store through Clover POS, up to 2500 products are automatically imported from your Clover inventory to Ecwid.
To enable checkout and scale your online store with automatic inventory and order updates using Clover POS, you can subscribe to one of the premium plans in your Ecwid admin, go to My Profile → Billing and Plans.
At the moment the following plans are available for merchants who registered their accounts via Clover:
|Automatic updates of inventory and order data between Ecwid and Clover
|Same as with Ecwid Free plan
|Same as with Ecwid Venture plan
|Same as with Ecwid Business plan
|Same as with Ecwid Unlimited plan