Square Payment Gateway (US, UK, Canada, Australia, Japan)
You can accept payments in your Ecwid online store using Square online payment gateway. As a major payment provider, Square is available in the USA, the UK, Canada, Australia, and Japan and accepts each country’s currency. Customers can enter their credit card details right on your store’s checkout page, making the checkout process easier and faster.
Here is the list of benefits that you get by choosing Square to accept credit card payments in your online store:
- Account creation and verification takes minutes. You do not have to visit a bank to open a merchant bank account. So you can start taking payments via Square gateway right away.
- No hidden fees. You pay only when you make a sale. You can learn more about transparent Square pricing.
- Payments are secure out of the box. Square is PCI Level 1 compliant and all card-present payments are encrypted from end to end.
- Prevention of fraud. Square fraud prevention team watches over your account security 24/7 using live monitoring programs and will notify you if they suspect something unusual. You can also enhance the security of your Square account by enabling 2-factor authentication, account change notifications and adding employees with limited permissions.
- Easy management of payment disputes. As with any transaction, there is always a risk that a buyer will dispute the purchase. You can provide the Square team with information regarding such a transaction and they will fight the dispute on your behalf.
Setting up Square gateway in your online store
To accept credit card payments through the Square payment processor in your Ecwid online store:
- Sign up for a Square account, if you don’t have it yet.
- From your store admin, go to Payment.
- In the Square block, click Connect and Enable Square:
- You will be redirected to Square. Login and connect your account.
- To start accepting credit card payments, activate your Square account. For account activation Square requires basic information about you and your business.
That’s it. You can now receive credit card payments through Square payment gateway in your store.
All orders paid via Square appear in your store admin, My Sales → Orders. The order details contain a link to the corresponding transaction in Square.
Orders also appear in your Square Control Panel. Square retains the customer’s data, their order, and information about shipping and taxes.
What are the transaction fees?
Square takes a fee of 2.9% + $0.30 for processing your payments.
How can I accept payments through Square gateway on my site?
How can I connect another Square account to my store?
If you need to connect another Square account, disconnect your store from Square in your store admin → Other Channels → Square, then remove Square as payment method in your store admin → Payment and connect your store to another Square account.
When can I withdraw money?
Every time a customer makes an order, the payment goes to your Square account, and it’s available in your Square Balance. You can transfer funds to your bank account in several ways — by standard transfer schedule, same-day transfer, instant transfer, or manual transfers when you choose when to transfer your money.
Depending on the option you choose, you can have the funds in your bank account in 1-2 business days or immediately. Fees for different options vary from free to 1.5% of the sum. You can learn more about transferring money on the Square page or watch a quick video about money transferring from the Square.