You can sell products from your Ecwid store on Instagram by tagging them on your Instagram posts that feature your goods. When people tap on your product tags, they can check the item’s pricing and details and get a link to buy this product in your online store.
In this article:
Shopping on Instagram allows e-commerce brands to tag photos on Instagram with products from your Facebook shop catalog. Tapping on those tagged products brings followers to more information including product details, pricing, and a direct link to your store where they can complete their purchase.
When someone taps a tag on your post, they'll see the following information about the product:
- An image of the product from your post
- A description of the product
- A product price
- A link that takes them directly to your website, where they can purchase the product
You can tag posts with up to 5 products per image or up to 20 products per carousel.
After publishing 9 shopping posts, businesses also get a persistent Shop tab on their Instagram business profile. It allows customers to tap and view all products on a post.
There are a few eligibility requirements you’ll need to check off before you can get started with Instagram shoppable posts:
- Your business must be located in one of these 44 countries
- Your business must follow Instagram merchant agreement
- Your Instagram account must be a business profile (free to set up)
- Your business must primarily sell physical goods that comply with Facebook commerce policies
- Your Instagram app needs to be the latest version available in your country
- Your business profile must be connected to a Facebook catalog
Step 1. Add your products to the Facebook shop
Follow the instructions to set up the Sell on Facebook integration and bulk sync your Ecwid catalog with your Facebook Shop.
If you sell physical products that comply with Facebook Commerce Policies and already have a Facebook business page, uploading your Ecwid products will take you almost no time.
Step 2. Connect your Facebook catalog with your Instagram profile
Head over to your Ecwid Control Panel → All sales channels → Sell on Instagram and click Connect Instagram:
Next, you’ll need to log into your Instagram account and link it with your Facebook profile. Here you will also be able to turn your Instagram account into a business profile, if you haven't done it yet.
Once you’ve completed, your account will be reviewed by Instagram. You will get access to the Shoppable posts feature only after the account is verified by Instagram. The review process can take from a few hours to a few weeks according to Instagram.
If the button Connect to Instagram stays the same in your Control Panel, double check that:
- you see your Instagram account details at your Facebook page → Settings → Instagram;
- your Instagram profile is a business profile: you see your Business Type listed directly under the name of your account and Email, Directions, or Call buttons on your Instagram profile page.
When you have confirmed, that your Instagram account is properly connected to your Facebook page, wait for Instagram to approve your account for the Shopping feature.
As soon as your account is approved, you'll receive a notification from Instagram that you can turn on the product tagging feature in your Instagram app.
If your account is approved for the product tagging feature, you can enable it in your Instagram app:
- Go to your Profile.
- Tap the Get Started alert at the top of your profile.
- If you don't see the alert, go to Settings.
- Tap Shopping and Continue.
- Select a product catalog to connect to your business profile and tap Done.
Once you have enabled the Shopping feature in your Instagram app, you can tag your products in your posts. You can tag up to 5 products per a single-image post or 20 products per a carousel, in both new and existing posts from your Instagram business profile.
When you have selected a photo for the post, added filters and caption:
- Tap the products in the photo that you want to tag.
- Enter the names of the products you want to tag.
- Select them as they appear in the search box.
- Tap Done and share your post.
Instagram will review your product tags to ensure they comply with Instagram commerce policies. Usually, the review process only takes a few seconds, but sometimes Instagram may need more time to check the product in detail.
The tags that are under review are marked as Pending. They will be visible to the people who see your post as soon as they are approved by Instagram.