The Snap Pixel is a piece of code that records the behavior of users who come to your store after clicking on the ad in Snapchat. You will see what pages they view, how many of them add products to bag, start or complete the checkout, etc. This will help you understand your audience better and adjust the Snap ad campaigns if needed.
Setting up the Snap Pixel for your Ecwid store
Step 1. Get the Snap Pixel ID
- Go to your Snapchat Ads Manager and log into your existing account or create a new one.
- Click on the menu in the left top corner → Manage → Snap pixel.
- Click Create my Snap Pixel:
- Click Set up Pixel in the right upper corner.
- Copy Your Pixel ID.
Now you should add the copied pixel ID to your Ecwid admin.
Step 2. Add the Snap Pixel ID to Ecwid
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Settings → General → Tracking & Analytics.
- Find the Snap Pixel section and paste the Pixel ID into the field.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) If your Ecwid store is added to another website, you should also add the Snap Pixel to the website to track what other website pages users view. The pixel added to Ecwid will track only pages and events in your Ecwid store.
Checking the Snap Pixel
You can check that the Snap Pixel works correctly and tracks the events in your store using the Snap Pixel Helper Chrome extension. Install it to your Chrome browser and browse the store pages, search for something, add products to bag, etc. The extension will show what events are passed on in the pixel.
Visit the Snap Pixel Help Center to learn more about how to use the extension and troubleshoot the pixel.
Events recorded by the Snap Pixel
After you add the Snap Pixel to your store, you can see what actions users take in your store in the Snap Ads Manager. You will be able to see these kinds of events:
Page View — a user views any store page.
View Content — a user views a product or catalog page.
Add Cart — a user adds a product to cart.
Start Checkout — a user added products to cart, went to the checkout but didn’t place an order. You’ll also see an abandoned cart in your Ecwid admin in this case.
Add Billing — a user chose a payment method at checkout.
Purchase — a user has placed an order in your store.
Search — a user searches for something in your store.