Accepting cryptocurrency in your online store
A cryptocurrency or crypto is a digital or virtual form of currency. It uses encryption to verify and secure transactions. Since it can be transferred directly from person to person, the transaction usually takes minutes, and there are no chargebacks. You can accept BitCoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, or any other cryptocurrencies in your Ecwid store from customers all over the world.
With Ecwid, it’s possible to accept crypto along with other world currencies. Once you sign up, you get your online store and can set up payment and shipping methods within a few hours. Ecwid can be added to multiple sites, including Facebook and Instagram, or TikTok.
Before connecting Crypto.com to your Ecwid store, you need to register a merchant account on Crypto.com.
- Open the Crypto.com Pay app and click Install.
- In the opened window in Ecwid admin, enter the Publishable Key and Secret Key. You can find these values on your Crypto.com merchant account in the Developers tab on the Dashboard menu bar.
- After you fill in the Publisher Key and Secret Key, enter the Signature Secret. To generate a signature, go to your Crypto.com merchant account Dashboard → Developers → Webhooks, click Add Webhook and then input https://<YOUR-STORE-URL>/index.php?route=extension/payment/crypto/callback as the Payload URL. A signature secret for webhook will be generated. Copy it to the Signature Secret field in your Ecwid admin.
- Click Advanced settings and uncheck the Enable test mode (no charges) checkbox to start accepting payments.
Before connecting CoinPayments to your store, you need to sign up for a CoinPayments account if you haven’t one.
- Open the CoinPayments app and click Get, then Install.
- Fill out the Merchant ID field. You can find your Merchant ID in Account → Account Settings → Basic Settings in your CoinPayments account:
- Fill out the IPN secret field. You can set your IPN secret value in Account → Account Settings → Merchant Settings in your CoinPayments account:
The IPN secret value you enter in your Ecwid Control Panel must exactly match the IPN secret value in your CoinPayments account.
- (optional) Fill out the Replace store currency with crypto coin. This will allow you to convert the order total to the set cryptocurrency at a 1:1 ratio. If the field is empty, the order total will be converted to crypto coins at the current exchange rate.
- Click Save settings.
If you would like to add a Bitcoin payment method to your online store, you can use the Bitpay Ecwid module. You will find the module along with instructions on how to install it to your Ecwid store on https://github.com/bitpay/ecwid-plugin
Once you connect one of the apps to your Ecwid store, the crypto payment option will be available to your customers at checkout, and you can accept Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and other digital currencies:
Plisio is a popular online platform that allows accepting, storing, converting, and withdrawing altcoins. Your customers can select to pay with Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin and other cryptocurrencies at checkout. Plisio does not charge recurring fees. With the Plisio Сryptocurrency Payment Gateway Plugin for Ecwid, you can not only accept altcoins on your website, but also store cryptocurrency in a secure online wallet as well as protect altcoins in the vault that requires a time amount before being able to spend them.
To start accepting cryptocurrency with Plisio in your Ecwid store:
- Open the Plisio app and click Install.
- Click Open app. You will see the API field you need to fill with the API key from Plisio:
- Log in to the Plisio account, or create a new one.
- Click API on the top menu bar.
- Enter the name and URL of your Ecwid store.
- Click Site settings.
- In the Integration type field, select Ecwid.
- Copy the value from the Secret key field:
- Choose who pays the commission and supported currencies. Click Save changes.
- Return to the Plisio app page in your Ecwid admin and paste the value you copied from your Plisio account.
That’s it. Now you can accept payments with the cryptocurrency you chose.
To accept crypto currency with Aurpay:
- Register a merchant account at Aurpay.net:
- From your Ecwid admin, go to Apps → App Market.
- Find the Aurpay app and click Install.
- Click Open app. You will see the Merchant ID and Public Key fields that you need to fill in with the credentials from your Aurpay dashboard.
- Login to your Aurpay account and click Integration in the left-hand side menu.
- Select Ecwid from the list.
- Copy Merchant ID and Public Key.
- Go to your Ecwid admin and enter your Merchant ID and Public Key to corresponding fields.
- Click Submit.
- (optional) To add the instructions for customers on how to pay with crypto currency, go to Payment → Aurpay Crypto Payment and click Set payment instructions at checkout.
All done! Now you are ready to accept crypto payments from your customers.
You can choose what currency to accept and set up your wallet in your Aurpay dashboard.